Thanks again everybody. Nice to sit here and read all your replies. I mentioned some time ago a book that Pop contributed to. I must get on and read it now, learn even more about my Pop :)

Tris I am deeply sorry for your loss too...

I'd love to read about your Pop too sometime... I have a HUGE amount of respect for these guys and what they did for us and our freedom - I don't think they will ever be forgotten by many.. some youngsters won't understand... but I think some do... it's our job as the 'third generation' to ensure these (and other veterans) arn't forgotten I guess...

Rest in peace pops.. and love to Nan at this awfull time too buddy..

As always... you have my number if you ever want to talk mate  ;)

Love to you all

Sorry to hear too Tris i know how you must feel mate

my fav uncle died this morning too thought it was kind of odd that at 7.30 am i get a fone call off my mum while i was at work

he got to the hospital at 1pm uk time by 1.15 he was dead  a burst blood vessle in his stomach

times like now i hate being so far away from home

take care mate and take care of all your loved ones around you

that goes out to everyone  here too

Nick

What the hell is going on the past few weeks

Know how you are feeling MX

Tris I feel for you mate

And I have the funeral on monday    No way did expect to de doing this for many years    But we will give me Uncle a real good send off      The way he'd like it

Chin up boys    Hopefully the pain will ease  but the memories will be with us allways

Pop left us today :'(

Quicker than we all anticipated or could make plans to visit him.

oh i am so sorry to hear that tris mate ,really am, know exactly what you mean about quick ,nan went the same way, but at least it was fast in a way, no prolonged suffering ,was told that by several familly members on thursdayabout my nan, and it makes sence now, didnt feel like it at the time mind

Tris feel like i really should come home  harvest is about wraped up here now

be a bit shady on my wife and kids though as i havent seen much of them for the last 2 months

But i really feel i owe this bloke he helped me when i bought my first tractor to go contracting and i also lived with him when my dad chucked me out from home

tickets are cheap so really i have no excuse  other than they cant get a funeral set yet as the hospital havent done a P.M yet

I am back at work now so miss my youngest sons first christmas. This has happened for all 3 of the children I missed their first christmasses :'( :'( :'(

Oh and it means I am doing a 5 week trip. >:(

Been there done that Rob...only thing I would say its not until their 3rd or fourth that they really understand what its all about ...but I guess your experiencing that as well  :-\

I am back at work now so miss my youngest sons first christmas. This has happened for all 3 of the children I missed their first christmasses :'( :'( :'(

Oh and it means I am doing a 5 week trip. >:(

Ah thats a shame Rob, its never nice to be at work over that period, though unavoidable in many cases.  This year my nights fall on the 24th/25th so will spend Christmas day sleeping!

Been there done that Rob...only thing I would say its not until their 3rd or fourth that they really understand what its all about ...but I guess your experiencing that as well  :-\

Yeah have experienced that before.

Will get to see them open some presents as some have been put back until I get home.

The demise of Woolies is sad Barry. Other than the pick and mix what I remember was the model airfix kits mainly cars which I got from there. Don't have them anymore. I had an air- rifle and remember shooting all my made up kits to shreds. Good fun at the time but I wish I hadn't now :(

My nan sadly passed away today :'( :'( Although she has had a good innings at 93 she had a fall the other week at home and wasnt discovered for 36 hours. She did start to recover but took a turn for the worst and deteriorated over the week. She will be sadly missed.

My nan sadly passed away today :'( :'( Although she has had a good innings at 93 she had a fall the other week at home and wasnt discovered for 36 hours. She did start to recover but took a turn for the worst and deteriorated over the week. She will be sadly missed.

Oh dear sorry to hear that. Last Monday my mum and auntie found their brother / brother in law slumped in the bath having tripped going in and wasn't able to pull himself out. No one had heard from him for a day so mum and auntie decided to visit and let themselves in. They called ambulance and he was wisked to A&E which is only 5 minutes from his house. Fortunately nothing broken or anything but has a urine infection which has confused his mind. Now recovering in a hospital close by so at least he is one the mend with antibiotics. I was happy that day until I got that call but at least I managed to take my dad home after he was in the hospital for a blood clot in his leg after his recent hip replacement. Case of one in and one out but things can only get better me hopes.