• 3 weeks later...

Local Farmer Died last night due to accident on farm  :(  :(

Was up on a roof and fell through it, landed in the cubicle shed. he managed to fall and hit his head on the step up from the slats to the cubicle  :-:-\  Died pretty much instantly..

Was always a strange character and kept himself to himself.. Shows through with Funeral arrangements.. Not in the common church but in the shed on the farm!  :-:(

Local Farmer Died last night due to accident on farm  :(  :(

Was up on a roof and fell through it, landed in the cubicle shed. he managed to fall and hit his head on the step up from the slats to the cubicle  :-:-\  Died pretty much instantly..

Was always a strange character and kept himself to himself.. Shows through with Funeral arrangements.. Not in the common church but in the shed on the farm!  :-:(

RE the funeral: He might have been an atheist, which is not unusual at all nowadays.

I've stated in my will that it is to be completely non-religious, as I'm not just atheist, but positively VERY anti ALL religions!

The local Jehovah's Witnesses don't knock on my door any more.  ;D

so sorry to hear that David, just keep thinking of the good memories you and your family have,

thinking of you,

Alex.

Thanks for your kind words Alex. He certainly lived a very fulfilling and active life and left us with plenty of memories to cherish and smile about.

Rest in peace my 85 year old Grandad who died suddenly at his home last night. I will miss his stories of the land he worked and the tractors, combines and machinery he ran immensely. I have some wonderful memories of him both childhood and present.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandad David but I'm sure you will find comfort from the memories of the good times you had with him.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandad David but I'm sure you will find comfort from the memories of the good times you had with him.

Thanks ever so much Bill. From the times he used tow me around the garden on my pedal tractor as a 3 year old to listening to his farming experiences on the Wolds, priceless and very proud memories I have of him.

Sounds like the life fewer folk enjoy and more folk wish for. A life many will remember him for by the sound of it. Best wishes to all of you at this time and over the coming weeks and months. A manly pat on the back from me David, my mate.

Sounds like the life fewer folk enjoy and more folk wish for. A life many will remember him for by the sound of it. Best wishes to all of you at this time and over the coming weeks and months. A manly pat on the back from me David, my mate.

Thanks ever so much Tris, much appreciated. Even after his farming days had finished he went onto pursue a career at Knapton Grain Silo ( a local landmark that can be seen in many of my photographs ) where he became a malting manager working closely with breweries and distilleries. He was a top bloke, a family man, sentimental, selfless and incredibley stubborn in his very own way. Looks like the funeral is going to be next tuesday and we're going to spread his ashes at the farm he once ran on Sherburn Wold next week. 

Sorry to hear that David, my sincere condolences and all the best for you and your family.

texas

Thanks Bas, appreciate your kind words and support. You might be interested to know he was an International tractor man. He used to talk fondly of the times he used to run a fleet of W series tractors including a "big" lease lend W-9, and even though other makes of tractor appeared on the farm including various Fordsons and a Field Marshall he always spoke most highly of the International tractors he ran.

Thanks Bas, appreciate your kind words and support. You might be interested to know he was an International tractor man. He used to talk fondly of the times he used to run a fleet of W series tractors including a "big" lease lend W-9, and even though other makes of tractor appeared on the farm including various Fordsons and a Field Marshall he always spoke most highly of the International tractors he ran.

Looks you  got the passion from your grandfather for tractors. Remember the good time you both had together.

texas

really  sorry to hear that david, my sincere condolences from all down here mate, he had a dam good innings so its sounds which means great memorys for you, something i have always cherished from my grandad since he passed away a good 20 years ago now, stuff you will never loose

really  sorry to hear that david, my sincere condolences from all down here mate, he had a dam good innings so its sounds which means great memorys for you, something i have always cherished from my grandad since he passed away a good 20 years ago now, stuff you will never loose

Thanks ever so much Sean and very true what you say. He lived a long and wholesome life, and despite becoming more frail in recent years remained active in both his gardening and allotment hobbies, he was rather good at growing tomatoes. Top bloke.