sues dad was taken into hospital on friday ,having issues taking food ,seems hes gone down hill rapidly as we have just been called in to see him, not quiet sure yet but going by the nurses and then the docs (unusal to see on a bank holiday) they are giving him days possably, not totaly unexpected as hes 94 ,and hasnt been well for a few months now,he's been in and out of hospital for a few days at a go over this time . not great news mind just 1 week before we all go away inc sue's mum. guess we will have to wait and see now :'( :'( :'(

sadly i think it is final so to speak, hes been having his throat streached every feww months to try and aid him eating, sadly it now seems they have given up as they feel he cn not take the anesthetic now , the home said they would take him back there and nurse him ,but hes gone down hill really quickly this time, so much so i took sue up again today, after the hospital called her mum, they now say hes to weak to move back to the home sadly. its not totaly unexpected, they warned us after the last visit a few weeks back it was getting harder to treat him due to his age. just a surprise how quickly hes gone down hill .

yeah all doing fine mate, like i say its been coming just had a few tears with the step daughter thats all , certainly not the way he would have wanted, its only the severe dementure that eventually put him in the home a few years back now, was killing her mother looking after him. he would still have been home if it wasnt for that. fit as a fiddle until this last year when his throat started to close up ,something to do with dementure where you basicly forget to eat / swallow belive it or not

Don't know if this made me sad or happy or shocked or a combination, My work group including my boss a group of six were called to a meeting with his boss the UK Financial director to be told our jobs would be transitioning to Dubai over the next couple of years. Looks like we will all be made redundant sometime in 2014 but well at least we have had good advanced warning. The laughable thing is Dubai cannot cope with the simple companies they have taken over but the powers that be in the US think statutory and tax accounting is just a process and can be done in a process center and will be cheaper than using qualified accounts in the United Kingdom, In some ways I'm not too bothered since having been with the company for 24 year and 11 months I think I will probably take a year or so out with my redundancy package and then wait and see if they take me back on as a consultant when it all turns pear shaped which we all think will happen.Long gone are the days of jobs for life.

Edited by BC

cheers guys, not un expected but still very quick .loads of running round to do now, and tommorrow the decisions been made to still go away on the holiday, sue's mum doesnt want to sit and dwell, and we all know frank certainly wouldnt have wanted us to drop it either. may not be as fu na holiday as it would have been ,but we wil have a few drinks to remember him thats fo sure ,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...