4 hours ago, justy 46 said:

that car is mangeled....how could anyone survive that ..espeacily when there were a few passengers..:o

A lot of the mangling would have been done by the fire brigade when they cut the roof off the car to get the passengers out.

The photos make it look much worse than it was.

But the German engineering did help. A 1980s Toyota would have been a different story.

3 hours ago, SPN said:

A lot of the mangling would have been done by the fire brigade when they cut the roof off the car to get the passengers out.

The photos make it look much worse than it was.

But the German engineering did help. A 1980s Toyota would have been a different story.

I survived this in a Toyota Starlet Gi about 20 years ago..i was in the back seat .Lost control on a lefthand bend and it rolled against a tree..If I were wearing the seat belt then .... I was a dead man. I threw myself on the footwell as it just lost control ..We all walked ...I only needed a few stitches in my left arm from the broken glass. 

20201209_191110.jpg

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Dengie  crops up the road make horse feed out of lucern. This morning at 2am there storage shed caught fire. 600 tonne went up in flames.10 fire crews attend its still alight now.

thats the guys gav sold a honey bee swather to wasn't it ,he posted some pics recently of it after a visit .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A real shame, was a good lad had some good laughs. 

Always remember the best moment was we were on a local road run he'd been gassing all week leading up to it that I'd break down because if my history of tractors at the time so it was the greatest of humiliation for him when I had to tow him after his starter gave up 🤣 never forget that day rip mate 

Screenshot_20220407-201043.thumb.png.70d90ab0587b48c82998b33e2f7c2c16.png

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, weblet375 said:

Had to put my cat to sleep,he had bad liver problem. He was 16 years old.my other half is in bits..

I am very sorry for you both as a pet is truly a part of the family. I will be faced with that sooner than I want to be. My beloved chihuahua is 12 1/2 years old. My Jack Russell Terrier was 12 when we lost him to liver cancer in 2010. He was my best friend. 

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

Back on monday 9th January just as i was leaving to go up to Lamma for a couple of days i took a call from a mate saying that another mate had taken his own life on the Sunday . Anyway funeral was today place was packed out . He was into mustang cars and there was 20 of them following the hearse you could hear the roar from there engines as they came down the main road . Dont really know why he did it but something was troubling him , he had a good send off  

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, smithy said:

Back on monday 9th January just as i was leaving to go up to Lamma for a couple of days i took a call from a mate saying that another mate had taken his own life on the Sunday . Anyway funeral was today place was packed out . He was into mustang cars and there was 20 of them following the hearse you could hear the roar from there engines as they came down the main road . Dont really know why he did it but something was troubling him , he had a good send off  

Sorry to hear Smithy... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last week i was told that a good friend of mine was in hospital , His name is Stephen Proctor , there may be other members on here that now of him as he was a regular up at Spalding and other tractor rally's ,Anyway i took a call this afternoon saying that he had passed away ,very sad news only 62 i think  

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick few shots of machines lined up ready for Stephen Proctors funural tomorrow ,so if all of you can give us a moment at 10am saturday .The wake is being held at the woolpit steam rally site where all these and a few more will be there in respect of a man that was well now in the tractor world . I loaded my major on lowloader which is pulled by my puma and taken them over there and left on site 

• Like 3