Wings Farm/ MD contractors

markduck

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Knight sprayer Mark on the JCB tidy bit of work, you sure have a fantastic setup. I like the blue Herbst a local contractor in my area has a blue one for his NH and Green one for his JD, likes his colurs to match  ;)

Fantastic Again Mark!!

I used to have one of those JCB's. I fitted siku tyres to it from the early Claas ranger telehandler.

Our old local contractors had one.

Sprayer is looking fantastic too!!

• 4 weeks later...

Some new additions to the farm seems Spalding has been and gone.

The story line to the additions, the Ford 6640 was aquired from a local farm sale, we needed another small tractor for hedge cutting, topping and rolling, when we eventually get a roller.

The Stewart trailer is a new purchase replacing an old one.

The Carrier is new from the local dealership, will make cultivation time a bit easier.

The JD 7530 is a new purchase, we've now got to sort out a front linkage for it, once that is on it will replace the old Fendt 824, we will be sad when that goes as it is a great work horse, but its getting to old.

The Ford was put straight to work collecting some bales.

2d28b3e4.jpg

Being un loaded.

e3d1e3c8.jpg

Closer picture of the trailer.

0ea6cec5.jpg

Right Jez, you're the expert.... settle this once and for all.... is the Wiking a 6030 or 7030... ???

Great photos as usual Mark, this is a wonderful layout and you do have some very desirable models! ;D

Will be pinching a few of your features when I get round to my own ;);D

So did you male it to spalding mark? Who did the 7530??

Looks good on those wheels buddy.

Another great update from one of my favourite layouts.

Yep i did go to Spalding. I did the 7530, it is based on a Wiking 6930 with a Siku 7530 bonnet and Siku 718 tyres, plus extra beacons. It makes it a little different from just a Wiking 6930 re-decal.

So did you male it to spalding mark? Who did the 7530??

Looks good on those wheels buddy.

Another great update from one of my favourite layouts.

the conversion into 7530  shows the difference between 6030 and 7030 ranges off perfectly. in real terms the 6930 is a lighter tractor available on smaller tyre options than the 7530. in real terms 7530 is a heavier tractor with bigger tyre options.  well done mark i think you have captured the differences well and replicates the real differences very well indeed.  with a limited amount of time in jd trade  i would say the wiking tractor straight out the box to be 6930, bigger wheels etc make into bigger tractor. the front weight issue  is down to customer preference.

Archived