Wings Farm/ MD contractors

markduck

Right then, i've finally decided what is going to get built at Wings Farm in place of the buildings that got knocked down and moved.

First picture is a plan of what i'm going to do. The second picture shows where the buildings are going to be with the aid of some bales.

50fc5efd.jpg

bc759b8a.jpg

So there is going to be a double clamp, extension on the bale shed, a permastore, cattle shed which is the one that got moved, so that is ready to go in, a feed (cake) bin, extension to the outdoor bale storage area, and finally a machinery shed opposite the grainstore, shown in the picture below.

6587f70f.jpg

So all in all its going to be a busy couple of months  ;D ;D probably years !!!

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Was your demount Knight sprayer at Spalding? If so, you must have been. . .  and if that's correct I didn't get to meet you. Apologies but it was nice to see some of this topic up close, I had a good look at it and like it even more now.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Was your demount Knight sprayer at Spalding? If so, you must have been. . .  and if that's correct I didn't get to meet you. Apologies but it was nice to see some of this topic up close, I had a good look at it and like it even more now.  :)

sorry for the late reply, yes it was on the FTF stand. Are you going to the Autumn show, will have to meet you at that one or ToyTrac.

A little update, the concrete and gravel has been done for the new machinery shed opposite the grainstore.

The outdoor bale storage area has been expanded.

The cattle shed is up, but nothing in it yet.

The permastore is in the process of being built.

Will probably make a start on the silage clamp next, need to order the H beams to hold the concrete panels.

Some photos to follow shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

An update the permastore is finished and in place, just needs filling up. There will be an underground store which will allow a redrock slurry mixer to be used.

Pictures, Ford on the in tank stirer. JD 7530 on the Joskin slurry tanker.

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00456.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now that the permastore is just about complete, attention has turned to fencing, before the building of the new silage clamps.

The fencing team includes:

Fendt 818 to tow the JCB mini digger,

John Deere 6920s towing Stewart trailer with posts and rails.

Fencing team

DSC00459.jpg

Just starting on the first of many posts

DSC00461.jpg

The JCB pushing the first post in.

DSC00462.jpg

Archived