Gin Horse Engine House

JC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have done alot off work in a short time. Is there made something special between the plastering and the wood from the celling? Because wood always work a little.

texas

No Bas, I expect we'll get some small gaps between the plaster and the timber by springtime once its suffered a winter of central heating but it can be filled next time we decorate, the timber is relatively dry as it's been under cover for a few months so it shouldn't shrink a lot once the heating gets hold of it.

Big day today, The extension became part of the house with the hoarding taken down.

002-5.jpg

I've widened the old doorway in the house through to what used to be a small pantry to give a less restricted access into the extension from the kitchen through the small hallway. The small hallway will be the focus of phase two of the work which I should be starting in the new year  :-X

001-5.jpg

has that all been done by angle grinder and disc cutter then jas???? dam he must be good on a still saw

Yes, Sawn first, small amount of chisel work and then finished off with a diamond tipped grinding disc then a sanding disc. I'm hoping to catch him doing some of the more intricate chisel work he has to do to them later  :)

Looks very impressive Jason i must say nice to see  :o :o ;) ;) so have you got another floor screed to go down and bring it up to the same level as it is in the door way  :-\ :-\

I'm putting down a reclaimed pine floor in the extension Simon, infact we've been on with machining it today.

A couple more pictures of the stone doorway, just adding the date into the head;

005-3.jpg

And the two main uprights completed with the corbels loose fitted;

006-3.jpg

Nice stonework Jason, What is the stone ? is it millstone grit round your way ???

Mainly sandstone found around these parts, this came from a quarry up near Holmfirth where compo and his two cronies used to hang out!

looks great Jason, any further progress? ??? ???

amazing what they can do with a few tools!

Just had my first day at it today Ben since those pictures were taken, Later that day I slipped a disc in my back moving one of those uprights and i've been at the mercy of my chiropractor al week.... :'( :'( Been taking it easy for the past week due to that and a bad case of man flu which i've had nearly two weeks now.... Should have been in for surgery on my left knee on Wednesday which had to be put back because of the cold and its associated effects, boy do I feel F**ked right now !!