Gin Horse Engine House

JC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that your skip load dumper Jason or did you hire it in?? either way they're a cracking little bit of kit are'nt they :)

It belongs to a mate of mine Paul, great bit of kit... me and junior dug out and moved two 10 ton skips of dig from behind the extension in the space of an hour, made light work of getting the muck moved around the limited access I have around the extension.

looking good Jason, lovely stone work!!! :) :)

and dog pics!!

Cheers Ben!

The stone wall continues around the extension to the front of the house......

016-1.jpg

pretty impressiv emate, much done inside yet??

and aint alfie??? grown since i last saw a pic mate

I can't do a lot inside until the windows go in Sean, I'm expecting them in the next few days... the first set were sent back as they weren't the best quality and at £800+ each, second best wasn't going to do!! That cock up has cost me about 8 weeks delay while I found another company to make them and waited for them being made >:(  It's probably been a god send really as it's meant I've had time to get on with the outside in a bid to get rid of all the mess before winter! All i've been able to do is sand down the beams and start getting the ceiling ready for plasterboard which is a bit of a ball-aching job filling in between all the roof spars.....

068-1.jpg

070-1.jpg

big progress jason, lookin good, who`s been a busy boy.....doubt that will give english nature etc   any cause for complaint

The conservation officer was here about three weeks ago John, he was very pleased with the project so far and even asked if he could add the house to an annual day trip the planning board do to view unusual projects or projects of particular interest for one reason or another.  :)

Stonework, woodwork.. .. it's all great. Infront of the garages Jase, have you used cobbles or carpet stones?

Carpet stones!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Real cobbles Tris, will have a few more pictures of the drive for you over the next few days as thats one of this weeks projects.... here's how it looks right now....

Area around the house needs relaying after drainage work and also upto the front of the extension which was originally part of the garden;

065-1.jpg

The area in front of the garage needs lifting and recontouring to the level of the garage floor;

064-1.jpg

Got a few more pictures for you, first up is the Patio which is now laid and then the path which goes around the extension to the front of the house, just needs pointing up which ill do in the spring when i'm happy there are no young frogs hibernating in any of the gaps!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg