Gin Horse Engine House

JC

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes darling you will have somewhere to dance on new years eve.....  ::)

Despite having about two weeks off ill and another week for the unplanned merger of the downstairs toilet and cloakroom, she's all done barr the shouting, my aim was to be complete for the end of the year... just a bit of plumbing to do, stove to install, A few bits of snagging up and the floor to sand in a week or so when its settled in.....

025-2.jpg

026-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

You have there a lovely new space. It was worth all the work you had.

Texas

Thanks Bas, it will be nice to have a few months off before phase two! I might even make a move on one or two models i have part finished....  :-\

So the models aren't going in there until Friday then?

:-X :-X :-X

They might well appear in the old living room.... which is bigger!  ;D

Fantastic space Jason, must be well chuffed after all the blood sweat and tears.

You going to put any colour on those walls in there? I've been poring over the Farrow and Ball colour charts recently, there's some gorgeous colours in there.

How many weeks to final certificate then... can't be long now?

Fantastic space Jason, must be well chuffed after all the blood sweat and tears.

You going to put any colour on those walls in there? I've been poring over the Farrow and Ball colour charts recently, there's some gorgeous colours in there.

How many weeks to final certificate then... can't be long now?

Just keeping it pretty neutral for now until the boss buys her new suite then we'll decorate to suit!

Will you slit the back of it with a router Jason... or bend it with steam then ???  :-\

Already done Mark....

Made a jig to slide the board throungh and then adjusted the depth of my circular saw and cut slits approx every inch, countersunk holes every foot and then fixed with M10 x 130mm rawl fixings.

015-4.jpg

014-2.jpg

018-5.jpg

nice jas very nice, will it be a purpose built kitchen then to match the curves?? or just standard units fitted round with a worktop cut to match?

erm.... three piece suit and a flat screen tv  :D

I went to buy the woodburning stove yesterday and only didn't buy the one I had planned on buying because the flue/chimney was going to cost almost £1,900  :o for 4 bends, fixings and approx 14' of twinwall ducting so I came home and started doing a bit more research on the net to make sure I was getting the right equipment for the job. I have an old methane vent pipe laid in the garden which I was given by the council in the autumn when they came to take it down from just up the lane after the wind had blown it over and left it looking a little precarious as it was leaning over the road and have decided to run that up through the roof, probably saving me about £1500 by the time I have paid for the roofer to come and do his bit. The stove I decided on was a decent sized stove with good output and would have heated the room and most likely the kitchen which is directly beside it which would have saved us some heating costs. Initially I had thought about a stove with back boiler but there would have been a lot of work to ensure the system had worked correctly so I decided to give that idea a miss for the time being..... This morning saw the arrival of my LP gas bill for a delivery on 18th December, £868.35 for 1843 litres of gas, I went and checked the tank and we are down to approx 65% on the tank meaning my heating bill for the past two weeks is approx £304.00  :o :o so its back to the drawing board again.... I'm now seriously thinking about adding a secondry heating system to the house run from the stove so we have the old system as a fall back for instant heat and hot water in the summer and mornings and the stove system to generate the majority of our heating requirements in the winter, whilst still having timed heating for the cold mornings and when we get home from work and instant hot water any time of night and day....

I think you're on to something with 2 systems.

We have electric underfloor heating in the new downstairs areas, a wood burner in the sitting room and the Rayburn in the kitchen / snug. If we need a bit of heat or hot water in the summer we have the under floor and immersion, but the bulk of our space heating and hot water is off solid fuel. It's still expensive because coal  to bolster logs isn't cheap now,  but it's far better than oil or gas. I'd like to have something to give us a bit more space heating but until someone invents something which won't fill the entire drive with tanks it's solid fuel all the way. At least neatly stacked logs look nicer than a bunded oil or gas tank!