What combines have you driven?

nashmach

Well i havent ever got a combine in a field i only moved a combine in a yard i think it was a NH1530 or 1540 not even sure if thats the right model number all i know it was a old combine with no cab and it had a 10ft or 12ft table on it.

but i would love to get on a big combine for a day  i think it looks very relaxing kind of job well it looks relaxing :)

Very much depends on your carters and your workload.  60+tph going off the field you need lads that can think for themselves nothing more frustrating then being sat there with 100% tank and a trailer driver at wrong end the field :)  But do recommend it to anyone I would love to spend more then few hours or day or 2 a season on one rather then chasing with a cultivator  ;D ;D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an unforgieveable sin where I cart for every year Phil... Anyone allowing that to happen doesn't deserve to be sat in the tractor seat mate. anyone worth their salt can work out where they need to be.. plus with modern combines you get plenty of warning when the light comes on  :of

claas dominator 86  15ft cut, just a couple of runs  in wheat.

case 2388 and 30ft cut soya beans/wheat. 8 row corn head(mazie) 1 season

new holland tx 66 36ft cut.1 season

new holland tx 36 20 ft cut 6 seasons

Blimey where was that?  :of

First one was a Ransomes 801(?) when I was a kid, through MF 780s, Clayson 133, 1530, MF 525, Claas Doms etc. TX36. Newest would be a TX68 though did have wee try with a CX8080, nobody will let me loose with a Lexion for some reason. My favourite would be a TX34 :) .

I thought you'd have said a Massey Harris reaper binder first John  :P:-*:D :D ... or a scythe ;D

Scythe....good one Mark....I wonder who many people can still sharpen one and actually cut with one :-\ :-\

PS...I inherited a brand new scythe blade near the start of this year....no wooden handles though >:( >:(

That's an unforgieveable sin where I cart for every year Phil... Anyone allowing that to happen doesn't deserve to be sat in the tractor seat mate. anyone worth their salt can work out where they need to be.. plus with modern combines you get plenty of warning when the light comes on  :of

It is here with us putting 3350 acres through a 580+ but its an issue middle of the season we keep having of keeping drivers on the ball all season.  Lost count amount times me (I have been driving down a field cultivating with all my lights blazing and beeping horn to get there attention and turn there CB and still not noticing..) and main combine driver and bosses were yelling down CB at carters to get shifting rather then reading a paper really frustrating when there only in field 10 mins >:( >:( Its at the stage were strongly looking at a 30 ton chaser

• 2 months later...

Massey 510

Massey 515

Massey 625

Claas Dom 85

Claas Dom 96

Claas Dom 98

JD 1188

JD 2066

JD CTS hillmaster

2 x NH CR980's with Biso headers

Claas 570+ TT