What combines have you driven?

nashmach

The 1's i can remember are:

JD 1085(about 3 different 1's)

JD 1188(2 different 1's)

NH 8070(i think that was the model number)

JD 2056

Claas Dominator 86

JD 2066

JD 2256

MF 40RS

Case CT5080

JD CTS

JD WTS

JD 9880 STS

Think thats all ;D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD 955 12' header (in U.K)

NH TX 66 13' pick up head (Canada)

MF 750 12' pick up head (Canada)

Case IH 8010 demo machine (Canada)

JD rotary demo Machine maybe 8860 sts can't remember for sure (Canada)

NH demo machine maybe 960 can't remember for sure (canada)

If any body is interested the Case IH 8010 was the best of the demo machines we had to try the only let down was the cost at over $350,000 :'(.(The boss and I both wished we could of justified the cost of buying it)

The JD demo was the noisest new combine I have been in :o.( If a person was going to pay their price for a radio I would like a cab you could listen to it in)

The newer NH has some serious issues with reliability it is not uncommon to see the farmers machine and one on lone from a dealers yard broken down in the same field and there are no end of 2 year old ones traded on new every year for this reason :(  .

On the bases of the test drives  my boss thinks the TX 66 will be doing the harvest again this year so the 1995  machine is still doing well and I can fix it if there is a problem as it does not run a computer system like the new ones. and hopefully a nice used 8010 will apear next year  :).   

claas dominator 98 15' when was little    ours sold

claas lexion 460 evolution 27'    ours sold

claas lexion 570 TT 27'    nabiers

will drive as coming new this season

claas lexion570 25'      ours cumming  ;D

claas dominator 98 15' when was little    ours sold

claas lexion 460 evolution 27'     ours sold

claas lexion 570 TT 27'    nabiers

will drive as coming new this season

claas lexion570 25'      ours cumming   ;D

oh and

jd 9880 ii sts 36' on work experience no hedder in the yard

jd 9780 sts on werk exoerience as above

Most MF combines up to and including the 865... and the odd 29 and 31 from memory....

Don't think I've driven a 780/788... but quite a few 500's.. the odd 525, 625 etc.... 760's... 750's... a little 240 plot combine...

Regretfully... very few with the gear engaged and crop running through them... I was an egineering apprentice.... so most of my 'drives' were in and out of the sheds, delivering them... or in field servicing/repairs  :-\

I've loaded loads of different ones on to low loaders, but only ever worked with a few. They are in order I've worked with them:-

A Massey 780 bagger

A Massey 500 (The original model)

and a New Holland TX34 

All of them only for a short while, but did do half a day on the TX 34 on demo.  ;):)

Yeah hydraulic mate, when I say fell off - the turntable yoke cracked nearly all the way around so it was held on by a few inches and the support rod. Other than that she was a fine fine machine and in good nick too.

James I can assure you not a tree, a telegraph pole or Deere-est had any doing in this mechanical malfunction  ;);D:D

• 3 years later...

have driven a mf 625, and a jd 1075, but only in open cut fields, the one and only combine i really used for any period of time was the mf 32 we had not to long before we sold up, got to do several hr long plus stints on that the last few seasons we had her before selling up

Well i havent ever got a combine in a field i only moved a combine in a yard i think it was a NH1530 or 1540 not even sure if thats the right model number all i know it was a old combine with no cab and it had a 10ft or 12ft table on it.

but i would love to get on a big combine for a day  i think it looks very relaxing kind of job well it looks relaxing ha ha! 

claas dominator 86  15ft cut, just a couple of runs  in wheat.

case 2388 and 30ft cut soya beans/wheat. 8 row corn head(mazie) 1 season

new holland tx 66 36ft cut.1season       

new holland tx 36  20ft cut 6 seasons

new holland cr 9070 30ft cut. demo machine