Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

The blue Fendt is available on Farmmodels website for £37, so why would you pay twice that much for it ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fendt-936-Vario-limited-edition-2008_W0QQitemZ230293648754QQihZ013QQcategoryZ117196QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

some people just dont look at the end of the day, i guess if you aint got a dealer nearby, or know of sites like we do, then adding to your collection via ebay is the only way at times, and if you really want the peice you will pay to get it as well unfortunatly

This eBay price thing, in my own opinion, is a very false guide, it's like the price of houses, prices vary to where you are in the country and you can't really compare two items the same in different parts of the country as the amount of disposable income that people have varies from region to region. It's exactly the same for models. We get traders from the London area down here at the toy fairs charging London prices and then moan and complain that they don't sell anything. Going back to eBay prices, how many items do you see that at the end of the listing appear to be sold and a few weeks later it's back on again. I know for a fact that items at times are 'run' and this creates a bit of a false market. The best way to ascertain the market value of an item is to watch the auction houses. With the current economic situation I think the bubble is going to burst and all prices of this type of thing are going to fall considerably as people are watching their finances more carefully for the necessities.

That's very true Tim... effectively you are letting just two buyers (potentially stupid ones hell bent on getting what they want) set the market price for a SINGLE item...

How many times have we seen some things going for silly money... yet the same item goes a few days on for next to nothing - I know this happens with my brochure collecting on NUMEROUS occasions...

I guess you can take the average price of things like the White MF as an indicator of what the 'going rate' is mind you  :-\ I've not seen one go for under £100 for a few weeks now

Marky.

I agree with you on the enormous differences in the prices for the same item and it's all really down to what an individual is willing to pay for a specific item. On the subject of the white MF, I could have had one at the last local toy fair for £100 but did not on principal for something that was advertized when it was released for £22 and I think that if more people would follow this principle prices would not get so inflated but that's human nature, 'must have at any cost'. I'd sooner go without it. I can buy nearly four sheep carcases for the deepfreeze for 100 quid.

I plead guilty to a moment of insanity. I recently forked out #18 on a bale fork conversion, essentially (but skillfully) constructed from metal buck rake parts :-[

But this came shortly after another seller offered me a mint 1st ed MF 760 combine for #15 (after it wouldn't sell), which eased my conscience enough to bid more than I normally would...

They've been on for a few days now... I think they are what's known as 'river models' from China  ;) - at least we know it's been pressed then I guess  :-\

I've see this all the time with every new model of UH. A vew month before it is released the come unboxed on Ebay by Chinese sellers. Allways thought they took the models in there lunchboxes home.