Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

you would be surprised jay ,even at shows like toytrac and spalding, we get new members that have been collecting for years

That does surprise me! I suppose its not something that comes into everyday conversation unless you know someone is a collector. 

In that case I'll make an effort to encourage new members. 

I looked at that when it was first listed and my conclusion was definate repaint - I agree with tractorbob, the paint looks far too shiny and the silver foil decal is a definate replacement - the genuine foil decal for the later muledozers is rounded at the corners, not square;

... and in any case the genuine blue muledozer is only known boxed in the big Ford Super Major 5000 set from the 60s and has the face of the blade sprayed silver - the foil decals weren't used until the 70s.

Expensive mistake for someone there!

I looked at that when it was first listed and my conclusion was definate repaint - I agree with tractorbob, the paint looks far too shiny and the silver foil decal is a definate replacement - the genuine foil decal for the later muledozers is rounded at the corners, not square;

... and in any case the genuine blue muledozer is only known boxed in the big Ford Super Major 5000 set from the 60s and has the face of the blade sprayed silver - the foil decals weren't used until the 70s.

Expensive mistake for someone there!

Ah, I knew there was something about the blade decal but just couldn't place it. Thanks for the clarification Clive. Glad I didn't bid then!

Im now in the dog hous ewiththe missus as the front door was open

when i saw the IH 956 link and wot it sold for

she recons i should wash my mouth out with soap and laver

spit spit £80+ turned out to be a proper bobby dazler  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

he uld subscribe to this forum thinks me

was it 2000? i thought it was less, nearer 1500???

According to "the bible" 2000 made Sean

The figure of 2000 seems to have been first put about by David Bate in his booklet detailing his collection of Britains tractors (published in 1982), and as far as anyone is able to find out, 2000 seems to have been a more or less 'usual' number for special production runs from Britains around this era (it is thought the Valtra Valmet 8950, Deutz-Allis, Vermeer Baler, Hurlimann H468, NH TR85 in plain red box, 'Real Inc' Milk Tankers, and Forestry Commission Land Rover 90 were produced in similar numbers).

I am a little wary of sticking my neck out with a prediction on the final bid for the Hesston in that eBay link - it seems odd that there is just one very poor quality picture and virtually no description; without more and better photos it is nigh impossible to verify whether it is a genuine one or not. Genuine ones are worth a lot less than they once were; having been up towards four figures in the early 2000s, they generally seem to have made around £350 to £450 recently.