Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Thinking of bidding on this, anyone think its worth the price, I know how much the compactor and the 4 in 1 bucket are worth, help, anyone?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170946932317?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D170946932317%26_rdc%3D1

It is nicely finished but personally I'm not sure it is worth that much for what is originally a £20 JCB model.

What is the deal with this, lovely model but very expensive it hasn't even hit the reserve. Is it a well respected scratch builder? Bit worrying that it has no box and the seller doesn't even offer insured postage :of

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190764866411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

that is one lovely model indeed ! price out of my league but this is exactly the kind of model that UH or someone should make. Prefereably a Pottinger mex :)

I agree a lovely piece, just hope whoever wins it does'nt get it in bits!!. I often find that a very high reserve puts people off and it actually means the seller gets a lower price in the end, or does not sell it at all.

Foragers of this sort are definitely badly catered for except in the scratchbuilt arena. I would love a Weise, Schuco or UH to do one.

Edited by MuirHillyBilly

roberthenning, rarity value!

There are 500 blue ones but only 75 gold ones and people don't part with them very often. The seller does have a blue one as well and it is slowly creeping up but still with 7 days to go :- :- :-

roberthenning, rarity value!

There are 500 blue ones but only 75 gold ones and people don't part with them very often. The seller does have a blue one as well and it is slowly creeping up but still with 7 days to go :- :- :-

I know thats why they go for so much, but i prefer the look of the standard ones so much better, i dont really see the point in models that were never built in real life, but each to their own

It is frankly amazing that none of these DBP sellers offer insured postage, especially the one that says 'no returns', there will be tears if the rugby players at the Royal Mail are having a bad day as has happended more than once!!

I understand the value of the Gold one, super rare but I too prefer the standard Blue one.

i understand the clammer to sell this as prices are sky high, but xmas postage mad mad mad!!!!!!!!!!!

you are buying the chance to recieve a kit form model!!!!!!!

stop posting stuff on 2nd december because of the xmas staff at post office.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something here....they cannot be worth that much surely....if this is No 40746 which was out from 2004 to 2006 I have two. I bought my first in 2005 for £ 16.99 but the yellow box was slightly faded. I bought a second MIB at a rally for £ 8.50 in 2007. I see the highest bidder has only a feedback of 1 so maybe that has something to do with it :huh:  :unsure:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OBSOLETE-BRITAINS-TARMAC-TIPPER-TRUCK-MINT-CONDITION-/281040281835?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item416f4e60eb