Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

thanks for all the replys,as i said the seller is sticking to their guns and will not mail out the item,saying all i will get is a refund,the mistake in the listing is minimal,£7.00,and as bw11jd said,ebay are as much use as a choclate fire guard,they are saying basically take the refund and dont use them again,ebay are not enforcing the legal binding contract,that the seller should send the item,however i suppose i have not lost any money,so its not that bad,but when i sell models,and through me being lazy and not properly checking postage charges sometimes,i have lost out at times,but its my fault and would never dream of asking for the money to make up the difference,once i undercharged £15.00 on sending a combine to the rep of ireland,but my fault,but there you go,never mind

Paul under the Sale of Goods Act then the seller is within his rights. The Sale of Goods Act in simple terms says regardless of what price the seller puts on an item you are offering to buy it at an advertised price and he has the right to accept or refuse your offer, he has refused the offer in this case.

Long time since I did Law studies but what I'm not sure is how the Sale of Goods Act applies to an on line sale. I think eBay's approach is the probably right one as to contest will cost everyone more money. You could ask your local Trading Standards Office.

Hope this helps a bit.

Peter

Paul under the Sale of Goods Act then the seller is within his rights. The Sale of Goods Act in simple terms says regardless of what price the seller puts on an item you are offering to buy it at an advertised price and he has the right to accept or refuse your offer, he has refused the offer in this case.

Long time since I did Law studies but what I'm not sure is how the Sale of Goods Act applies to an on line sale. I think eBay's approach is the probably right one as to contest will cost everyone more money. You could ask your local Trading Standards Office.

Hope this helps a bit.

Peter

thanks peter,like i said,at least i didnt lose my money

oh deere oh deere, hes at it again, 3 pretty common models bar say the plough in dealer box?? and all over 80 quid a pop, postage for economy aint cheap either

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLAAS-ARES-657-ATZ-VERY-VERY-RARE-MODEL-DEALER-EDITION-BOXED-/170862518724?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item27c83321c4

Pre-orders for delivery mid-late July according to the blurb... which also mentions pendulous crawlers, flaps of the huge grain tank and a precise knob... ;)

Pwwwwwwoar!!!!!! :ha ha!:

Edited by Barry

well, i have just bought the same tractor, in a dealer box from someone else on ebay for £20. if he re-lists his and sells it mine will be back on ebay!!!!!

wouldn't blame you for that mate i think i have a few of them in the loft too. i thought it was only the 8 wheeler that hard to get hold of in dealer box and you still see a fe of them about.

The hardest one to find is the 836 in a dealer box, it took me 2 years to find a good one. There are a few in the standard UH box from time to time but I still wouldn't pay more than £20 for one.

[qyoyoyoyoyouote name=FordTractorCrazy' timestamp='1340442951' post='495997]

i want this... soooooo badly....

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f18d6af57

one of a few original! real gold tractors :D , missyoyoyoyoyoyous says NOOO!!!! thoyoyoyoyoyoyough :( :'(

Now thats one worth having in yoyour collection Wil. I spose to ship it from the youS to Holland woyould cost as myouch as the tractor itself. ;D Still toyough,it woyould tyou'ren heads at shows if you got her across the big pond.

Edited by justy 46

• 4 weeks later...

heres one for the ford lovers out there, bet their isnt to many of these round??

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ab9e96c01

It looks to be at first glance an 8210, but the air filter is between the exsaust & cab ,like a TW 25 or 35. ????? ??? But it cant be one of those ether judging by the front grill & front axel being too far forward for a big TW. So what it is it ???? American made model I see!! ::)