Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Is it just me or has anyone noticed the value of old Britains models has gone skywards in auctions on EBAY, both boxed & unboxed. Just seems to me that lots of tractors in particular have more than doubled in value since last year. Especially boxed models. I picked up 2 boxed Britains tractors last year on EBAY ,& I noticed on EBAY today If were to bid for the same tractors,I would be forking out at least double if not triple what I paid last year for them. Even the unboxed are gone up. E.G Last year an unboxed Britains Lambo 1706 or Deutz 6.50 could be got for in & around £30. These days £70 would not secure one.  This to me is a sure sign that this hobby is becoming a lot more popular & more & more guys are collecting & expanding their collection.

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

To be honest i was looking other week & id say prices were down on many models that i had for sale on ebay a few years ago  -- maybe it was a poor week when i look in  :-  -- may be better to put your cash in models then the banks these days :of   i know a few that did so a good few years ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tractor-IMT-569-MASSEY-FERGUSON-/271190467937?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item3f24362561

I know this isn't model related but can anyone tell me what was the relation between massey and IMT?

I'm not sure but a Google reveals that IMT made tractors to a licensed Massey Ferguson design in Serbia so I think there just a company that gained the license from MF and made cheap versions for importing or other things of the like. Probably totally wrong but I'm sure someone will know :)

Edited by Stabliofarmer
  • Like 1

To be honest i was looking other week & id say prices were down on many models that i had for sale on ebay a few years ago  -- maybe it was a poor week when i look in  :-  -- may be better to put your cash in models then the banks these days :of   i know a few that did so a good few years ago

I spose it all depends on what models you are looking for also. Some Britains models are staying the same,but others have shot up. ;)

I spose it all depends on what models you are looking for also. Some Britains models are staying the same,but others have shot up. ;)

take the old britains major , they make silly money for what they are , id like one for my collection , but for that kinda cash id rather buy uh models that have excellent detail . britains orange fiat tractors also sell well

• Like 1

take the old britains major , they make silly money for what they are , id like one for my collection , but for that kinda cash id rather buy uh models that have excellent detail . britains orange fiat tractors also sell well

Yeah,id agree with you there David. You would be just getting the Major to complete a collection and have it, but not cause you really want one. PF Countys and TWs also are scary money. If I had the price of a Britains Major also ,its a few UH models id be buying . But that's just me. ;)

give me the britaians major any day quality built toy model to last can you see a uh model given that treatment and here in 50 odd years time think not ?

• Like 1

give me the britaians major any day quality built toy model to last can you see a uh model given that treatment and here in 50 odd years time think not ?

Different times. The UH is a model. The Britains was a toy. But yes the Britains Major has collectable value, but the UH will have too in 50 years time.

• Like 1

Common sense is prevailing now with the Claas 100 Year Xerion - the last four on ebay.de went for between €156-€172, so I might have a nibble soon! ;)

/malc.

Edited by malcy_p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...