Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

1 hour ago, trigger82 said:

Sold for 850 that some money 

IMG_5990.JPG

Heck. Its the box alone that's worth the money !! You could pick up the 5610, digger ,harrow & planter in good nick for well under 100 quid in total on separate purchases . Put them all into a boxset & they go threw the roof in value .. Its a crazy world .!!! Hang on now Cyril.. was it all the empty boxes in the pic above made that amount or the 5610 boxset ??

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Heck. Its the box alone that's worth the money !! You could pick up the 5610, digger ,harrow & planter in good nick for well under 100 quid in total on separate purchases . Put them all into a boxset & they go threw the roof in value .. Its a crazy world .!!! Hang on now Cyril.. was it all the empty boxes in the pic above made that amount or the 5610 boxset ??

No just the picture of that box made £850 ha 

They look to be unused shop displays and the card posters, lots of them. There was a card shop display on ebay last week, I think, went for strong money, over a £100.

Where was the auction?

I've never seen the box set in earlier post either, be interesting to know the set number, possibly one of the 5xxx ones?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, trigger82 said:

£1250 mad

IMG_6557.PNG

Certainly a high price but it looks mint and complete, if you wanted this set where would you find another? Nothing like a supposedly rare UH model which could be re released any time, can see why it made what it did. Thanks for posting Cyril, you are finding some rare items, pity for you they aren't on the cheap. ;)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Certainly a high price but it looks mint and complete, if you wanted this set where would you find another? Nothing like a supposedly rare UH model which could be re released any time, can see why it made what it did. Thanks for posting Cyril, you are finding some rare items, pity for you they aren't on the cheap. ;)

Well I was told it was not mint and was missing few bits of it that the only pictures of it do 

yes there not many around I only love to have one but not at that money 

• Like 2

As I said, that might very well be :) But even so, makes me think.. Are they really worth such amounts of money, if it would go for about 2000 pounds it would not be far off from a monthly salary after taxes for many people in this country. Not trying to talk anything or anyone down, just seems like a lot in my mind for what they really are :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, autoway said:

You could say that about anything a months salary or not they are worth what someone is willing to pay and previous sales tend to guide us on what things will sell for.     

That's true in a sense :) As I said, my opinion. Same as with any of the other posts in this thread ^_^

• Like 1