Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

18 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Way to much for it 

FB_IMG_1610488772184.jpg

Depends really, if they're abroad buyers it might not be too bad (if the shipping isn't a lot higher). I sold one locally up here for almost double that a couple years ago (without box). I see some for sale now w/box for more than double. 

Personally I agree, too much for me. But they are popular. I have one on my shelves waiting to be picked apart.. Might be a stupid thing to do:P

• Like 1

I have been watching them for a while both boxed or no box. They seem to be the one implement from the 80s era off Britains  that fetch quiet alot. Can never bring myself to fork out the price they are fetching ...but would like one to add to the collection in time to come. Another would be the log trailer and Towse digger. They seem to go pretty high also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

I have been watching them for a while both boxed or no box. They seem to be the one implement from the 80s era off Britains  that fetch quiet alot. Can never bring myself to fork out the price they are fetching ...but would like one to add to the collection in time to come. Another would be the log trailer and Towse digger. They seem to go pretty high also.

I sold one mint in box over a year ago for €40 mad how there making that much now . I do still have 2 of them . 

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I freely admit to benefitting from it, but the prices for unboxed old Britains and ERTL stuff on Ebay at the moment are bonkers!:wacko:

I am thinking of flogging my unboxed Kane grain trailers now as they seem to be getting scarce!

3 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

I am thinking of flogging my unboxed Kane grain trailers now as they seem to be getting scarce!

Not a bad time Joe, as the Kane Grain, Silage and Classic Silage are now sold out at Tomy.  Especially as Britains seem to be the main donors for conversions, they will only get fewer me thinks!

5 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Not a bad time Joe, as the Kane Grain, Silage and Classic Silage are now sold out at Tomy.  Especially as Britains seem to be the main donors for conversions, they will only get fewer me thinks!

I reckon I'll give it a go at the weekend, they won't attach to Wiking hitches anyway, so I'm thinking of getting 2 Krampe's instead.

I sold an odd lot of unboxed (and quite recent) implements last year and got £40 ish for them, couldn't believe it!

2 hours ago, trigger82 said:

I know. I thought even the new red release was at a bonkers price as well (at least around here). Sold in shops at £90-100. Meanwhile, I tried selling a yellow I had two of, could barely offload it. I guess the right color brings the money.

2 hours ago, trigger82 said:

They're not that rare are they? I've seen the limited metallic ones for similar prices to that

59 minutes ago, Ferret90 said:

:wacko: I regret not getting this one along with the obsolete MF's, really is a nice one. But these prices are absolutely bonkers..

1 hour ago, Ferret90 said:

Waaaoouuu..:o.  Bonkers is too good a word to describe this bidding..Its insane. Still makes you wonder are they puffing the bidding..

38 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Waaaoouuu..:o.  Bonkers is too good a word to describe this bidding..Its insane. Still makes you wonder are they puffing the bidding..

even  if the seller is, you would have a job proving it, since ebay stopped you seeing bidders full names on the bid list. you could normally spot it back then , from certain sellers and just ignore them, but eBay makes no cash from it then . plus ,at the end of the day no one is forcing the  buyer  to pay that much, its their choice ,and clearly someone feels its worth it . at the end of the day its an auction site, not a fixed price site.i sold 2 identical items a few years back ,first went for 150 odd quid, the next 30, thats the luck of an auction. pretty sure if it was any of us selling we would not complain about it .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

even  if the seller is, you would have a job proving it, since ebay stopped you seeing bidders full names on the bid list. you could normally spot it back then , from certain sellers and just ignore them, but eBay makes no cash from it then . plus ,at the end of the day no one is forcing the  buyer  to pay that much, its their choice ,and clearly someone feels its worth it . at the end of the day its an auction site, not a fixed price site.i sold 2 identical items a few years back ,first went for 150 odd quid, the next 30, thats the luck of an auction. pretty sure if it was any of us selling we would not complain about it .

Ohh ..i would not be complaining :D . UH could rerun them again in a heartbeat...anything is possible these days with all the reruns. I would be thinking to hold tough on chasing discontinued classics for now until we get out off rerun & Covid times..:wacko:

Just now, justy 46 said:

Ohh ..i would not be complaining :D . UH could rerun them again in a heartbeat...anything is possible these days with all the reruns. I would be thinking to hold tough on chasing discontinued classics for now until we get out off rerun & Covid times..:wacko:

One can only hope. A rerun of the small MF's would be a welcome sight. But I guess they would be for sale at twice the price as the last run, just like the red Valmet Mezzo.