Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Watched a Massey Ferguson 135 leaflet make ?91 yesterday  :o :o :o - Silly money or what  :o

THAT is getting beyond a joke......time to dig out my pile of 135 brochures.  :D

Sold a 'County All Tracks MK111' hand-book of 1957 on that E watsit back in the winter, just the instructions for the track kit as fitted to a Major, some nice b&w pics and line drawings in it. Some chap in Wales bought it for ?74. biggest postal order I'd ever seen!  :-*

Just felt I had to come back on this one re, the Case IH Maxxum and the comment by Powerabbit-this ebay vendor is a very good friend of mine who I was speaking too last night -even he is surprised by how far this has gone and was not expecting anything like the current bid.I would point out however this is apparently a  genuine bidder from Canada to whom he has sold other items previously and it has not 'been run up by one of his mates' as Powerabbit put it-the vagaries of Ebay.Like most members on here I know this happens but please be carefull  before jumping to conclusions-all ebay sellers are not the same.

Just felt I had to come back on this one re, the Case IH Maxxum and the comment by Powerabbit-this ebay vendor is a very good friend of mine who I was speaking too last night -even he is surprised by how far this has gone and was not expecting anything like the current bid.I would point out however this is apparently a  genuine bidder from Canada to whom he has sold other items previously and it has not 'been run up by one of his mates' as Powerabbit put it-the vagaries of Ebay.Like most members on here I know this happens but please be carefull  before jumping to conclusions-all ebay sellers are not the same.

indeed they are not :) :) :), some things can just go for silly money one week and then the week after you can get it at a fraction of the cost :), thats the beauty of ebay! ;D. i do wonder though why people dont look at online shops to set limits for them selves though before bidding on some items :-\ :-\ :-\

indeed they are not :) :) :), some things can just go for silly money one week and then the week after you can get it at a fraction of the cost :), thats the beauty of ebay! ;D. i do wonder though why people dont look at online shops to set limits for them selves though before bidding on some items :-\ :-\ :-\

Maybe he is a new collector and Britains are hard to find over here so if you really want the item you may have to pay way over the odds.

Point gracefully taken. No disrespect ment to particular individuals and I appologise if offence has been caused, but it is going on.

• 2 weeks later...

If you read what the description says it would help!

It is a Siku based conversion, as stated in the description, also the box has a added front label, its in the magazine too as mentioned.

That's nothing compared to the last one on there which went for double that. ;)

A Frech muppet paid out over 257 quid for that one if I remember correctly  :o Mega bucks profit there for the seller, from a buyer who didn't know the true value of what he was bidding on   ;)