Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Is this a genuine Britains release http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Britains-Massey-Ferguson-135-Tractor-RARE-yellow-w-box_W0QQitemZ380152787438QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item5882df31ee&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I know the tractor was released in yellow in a hanger box and no cab as I have an unboxed one, but was it available in this box and with cab?

Any ideas?

Too late a model tractor for that box   ,  ie it is in a first issue 135   sleeve & plinth box   , but tractor is later version with external steering , plus it looks to be a late version  1976 onwards tractor , as it appears to have 595 type front wheels .

Thanks TT.  Wasn't interested in buying it but no doubt someone will.............

Too late a model tractor for that box   ,  ie it is in a first issue 135   sleeve & plinth box   , but tractor is later version with external steering , plus it looks to be a late version  1976 onwards tractor , as it appears to have 595 type front wheels .

I'd agree with that; it is a mish mash! 

The Sleeve and Plinth box was replaced by a Window Display box for the farm version in 1970.  The external steering came in about 1973, and the smooth front wheel centres as you say, in 1976.  That particular model may not have ever had a cab - it may be one of the few yellow ones issued as 9520 at the end of production.

I was seriously interested in this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290343168063&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

until bidder 6 got involved and drove the price up  :-\ :-\ :-\ Why do some people have to get into a bidding war with 3 days still to go  ??? ??? you can't win the item and all it does is drive up the final price that you will have to pay in the end

Robbo - yeah, damn Bidder 6 and his auction tactics!!!  ;D

Auction psychology is a fun one - personally if I see something I want I'll just stick a bid in for what *I* think it's worth to me and let the auction run. If I'm at my PC (or on my phone) at the time the auction ends I'll track it and may put in a cheeky bid at the end, but if everyone did that too then the end price would be the same anyhow...?

Quietly please with this one though... even if I know there is a bit missing! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330355068082&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_574wt_1166

It is undeniably rare, but looking at the ending price, I am staggered.  Staggered to the point of being staggered to a staggering degree.

When I showed the end result to another well known member of the farm toy collecting fraternity, his first reaction was "they need medical help!"  I am very inclined to agree!

It is undeniably rare, but looking at the ending price, I am staggered.  Staggered to the point of being staggered to a staggering degree.

When I showed the end result to another well known member of the farm toy collecting fraternity, his first reaction was "they need medical help!"  I am very inclined to agree!

Well they did pay under 100quid a pice atleast