Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

It still surprises me what folks pay for what is just a casting really........

What really annoys me though is the P+P charges - heavy item my ****!  >:(

Starting at 99p the postage alone makes it, in my book, not even worth considering.  I would expect to find it in the 50p rummage box at a toyfair.

Truth is I do not believe this is a Britains Fordson in any case.  I know a complete model of that tractor, with box, sold for £215 the other day but even that is a bit steep.

I am just amazed that a WRECK can get to £26 (nearer £30).    I shall be interested to see how high it actually goes and may even consider putting my own wreck of a Ford 5000 on ebay!  If I was the seller I would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry happy at this moment! 

Starting at 99p the postage alone makes it, in my book, not even worth considering.  I would expect to find it in the 50p rummage box at a toyfair.

Truth is I do not believe this is a Britains Fordson in any case.  I know a complete model of that tractor, with box, sold for £215 the other day but even that is a bit steep.

I am just amazed that a WRECK can get to £26 (nearer £30).    I shall be interested to see how high it actually goes and may even consider putting my own wreck of a Ford 5000 on eBay!  If I was the seller I would be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry happy at this moment! 

Hi Sue

I was just looking at your post That tractor is probably cheap now for eBay prices I have watched junk like this sell for 40 quid or more. I guess some people have no clue about toy fairs and prices or they have a tractor with broken parts they want to restore with original parts. They pay this instead of buying re pro or they want a tractor to restore instead of paying stupid money for a mint one. I have several like this but will not pay stupid money for this to get mudguards off  it!.

I am also curious as to why you think it is not a genuine Britain's as it looks right to me?

Regards Robert

Hi Sue

I was just looking at your post That tractor is probably cheap now for eBay prices I have watched junk like this sell for 40 quid or more. I guess some people have no clue about toy fairs and prices or they have a tractor with broken parts they want to restore with original parts. They pay this instead of buying re pro or they want a tractor to restore instead of paying stupid money for a mint one. I have several like this but will not pay stupid money for this to get mudguards off  it!.

I am also curious as to why you think it is not a genuine Britain's as it looks right to me?

Regards Robert

The bonnet shape is wrong and the engine should be exposed - you can see through to the other side.  This is the spudded wheel version.  Think the one with tyres was the identical

post-1227-132639226066_thumb.jpg

The bonnet shape is wrong and the engine should be exposed - you can see through to the other side.  This is the spudded wheel version.  Think the one with tyres was the identical

OK Sue I get what you are saying The picture you have is of a fordson e27n by Britain's The real tractor it was based on was made in the mid fourties. The model on eBay is i believe a fordson super major also by Britain's the real tractor was made  around 1960 -64 so it has completely different styling. I just checked on the eBay listing and it has just past 41.00 quid bet you really wish it was yours now from the 50p box. :)

OK Sue I get what you are saying The picture you have is of a fordson e27n by Britain's The real tractor it was based on was made in the mid fourties. The model on eBay is i believe a fordson super major also by Britain's the real tractor was made  around 1960 -64 so it has completely different styling. I just checked on the eBay listing and it has just past 41.00 quid bet you really wish it was yours now from the 50p box. :)

Actually, No! I have checked the rest of my Fordson collection and I do have that Super Major model (and it is perfect).  "Vintage" to me means 1940's or earlier so I had not considered  that one. 

If "Vintage" is the sixties I dread to think what he would call me!  (If I hear/read  the word "antique" in connection with this topic I shall get extremely cross. >:( )