BC's Other Britain's

BC

I have two TW 25's Marcus No 9508. Both are in Banded boxes. One is badged TW25 and the other is bagged 8730. The 8730 oddly enough has silver wheels. i sure someone on her will be able to tell us more about this ??? ???

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing a boxed Ford with silver/ grey wheels at a well known dealer a few years back and asked about it, I was told Britains had runout of white wheels and they fitted the ones off the MF on then to keep the production line going till they got some more white ones.

Thanks Mark that could well have been the case.

some really nice additions (and plenty) you have gotten yourself  :D  I know most of them, and you actually have the one powerfarm set, that i am missing (9682) Especially the older models seem to be still in prime condition. Very nice finds there!

am quite curious of the NH CX8090 which will most likely come with me in Spalding ;)

Thanks Wil. You never know you may well pick up that power farm TW35 and Howard rotary dung spreader at Spalding.

G&M will be there and they are selling No 42412 the NH 8090 combine on their website at £ 28.50. I bought it on order at Perth so hope to get the rest of the photos done tonight and logged so I can get a bit of dining room space and away to the loft. Look back tomorrow or Saturday and hopefully I'll have the photos on here.

At last the model itself

25032010049.jpg

25032010050.jpg

25032010051.jpg

25032010052.jpg

Well thats all the Perth purchase.

I'll take the combines out of the boxes to photograh at the weekkend....that is if anyone is interested ??? ???

The postman delevered this box yesterday.

26032010001.jpg

Ford  5000 Highway tractor Model no 1 in Highway Series 1,250 pieces 2009

25032010053.jpg

25032010054.jpg

25032010055.jpg

25032010056.jpg

25032010057.jpg

Hi BC

they look good mate I'm liking the stiegers i have got the wildcat series II on duels it just a shame that they have the ring instead of the drawbar or the 3 point hitch they are good solid models and well worth the money that the go for keep the updates coming I'm enjoying looking at the old Britain's stuff.

regards nick

Hi BC

they look good mate I'm liking the stiegers i have got the wildcat series II on duels it just a shame that they have the ring instead of the drawbar or the 3 point hitch they are good solid models and well worth the money that the go for keep the updates coming I'm enjoying looking at the old Britain's stuff.

regards nick

Thanks Nick. Britains could learn form ERTL's old methods of packaging. Although you cant see the model through a window the Steigers are well packed and easily removed. I really really hate the wire they have been using over the past few years. Far better when they had the tractors locked with a key to the bottom of the chassis.

I cant agree with you more mate the only thing is with my wildcat II  the air cleaner and exhaust pipes are bent out of shape i have got a push on drawbar i will get some photos of mine and show them to you with regards to the packing even if RC2 took a leaf out of siku's book that would be a start because you risk breaking them just to get them out the box

regards nick

some really nice additions there! The Toy Farmer Steigers i have had all of them except one(traded them in for some blue coloured articulated ones  ;) ) , they all have the same packaging which i really appreciate. The 1:16 had similar packagings and the new USA 1:16 boxes are also a pleasure to deal with(open all around so you just fold it away from the styrofoam inner, and all you need to do is part the two styrofoam parts(and cut those bl**dy tines again, which are there only for show me thinks).

the FTF models should every prominent FTF member have by now  :of:P;) , especially as they are Ford models  ;D  etc.. etc.. etc..

going to look at the combine now on the other page i hope? As the CX8090 and BB9060 are bount to go to holland when i see them at G&M in Spalding  :)

some really nice additions there! The Toy Farmer Steigers i have had all of them except one(traded them in for some blue coloured articulated ones  ;) ) , they all have the same packaging which i really appreciate. The 1:16 had similar packagings and the new USA 1:16 boxes are also a pleasure to deal with(open all around so you just fold it away from the styrofoam inner, and all you need to do is part the two styrofoam parts(and cut those bl**dy tines again, which are there only for show me thinks).

the FTF models should every prominent FTF member have by now  :of:P;) , especially as they are Ford models  ;D  etc.. etc.. etc..

going to look at the combine now on the other page i hope? As the CX8090 and BB9060 are bount to go to holland when i see them at G&M in Spalding  :)

Pictures now taken out of their boxes so photos to follow later on today Wil. Both good models but the Case IH is the better one with far superior detail and I;m not just saying that because of the colour ;) ;)

'll

Your collection is growing fast :of .

Some very nice red ones  ;D  also the ford 7000 8)

texas

Thanks Bas yes it is growing but it will slow down again until the Autumn since I'll be tied up with other things to do.

Archived