BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sets one were Bas and they are good boxes. One of the Lambo's is a bit yellow but I knew that when I bought. I could always swap it with a good unboxed one which I remember not buying at a rally because the box was an absolute wreck of a thing.

I'll get individual photos of the boxes and also them out. I can't wait to have a play with the Lambo and the push and pull plough ;D ;D

Away to borrow a cement mixer this evening so won't have time tonight.

22042010007.jpg

I have seen quite a few of these scrapers on eBay, they never seem to have the "top link" though. Was this only issued in the two tractor sets? as I see in the catalogue that the top link is not shown when scraper is sold on its own as 9559 (with man)

I rememer fondly the little Ford and yard scraper as a present from grandad + granny ( :'( )at their house in Devon and because of it's limited 1 year release can date it to 1985 when I was four! Never knew what happened to it mind and i recall being a little unimpressed with the thing at the time!

In a hasty -and now regrettable- decision I decided not to buy a mint boxed example from Toytrac '09 for £40!  :of

As Super6 (welcome back!) mentioned the top link is only available in Bill's set 9516, and I make a point of asking Ebay sellers if it's present in the listing.

I have seen quite a few of these scrapers on eBay, they never seem to have the "top link" though. Was this only issued in the two tractor sets? as I see in the catalogue that the top link is not shown when scraper is sold on its own as 9559 (with man)

I think that is so.  I haven't come across a boxed 9559 with the top link/frame.

Some great purchases there Bill, Im green with envey at the little Ford and scraper and the Lamborghini with ploughs is also very nice.  ;)

Thanks James I'm well pleased with both. I have always liked the look of the Lambo with the push pull ploughs ;) ;)

I rememer fondly the little Ford and yard scraper as a present from grandad  granny ( :'( )at their house in Devon and because of it's limited 1 year release can date it to 1985 when I was four! Never knew what happened to it mind and i recall being a little unimpressed with the thing at the time!

In a hasty -and now regrettable- decision I decided not to buy a mint boxed example from Toytrac '09 for £40!  :of

As Super6 (welcome back!) mentioned the top link is only available in Bill's set 9516, and I make a point of asking Ebay sellers if it's present in the listing.

Oh CMB I think with hindsight you should have parted with 40 and grabbed it with two hands ;) ;)

I think that is so.  I haven't come across a boxed 9559 with the top link/frame.

You see when it comes to something I don't know I google it...but when it comes to Britain's well best just to post or PM ploughmaster ;) ;) ...thanks again Clive 8)

Quite Bill, its only around 1/2 as much again of the price you would pay for a 2010 Britains tractor, when i see something I want and I know the price is right I buy it, sadly missed to many bargins in the past through ditthering. :'(

Oh CMB I think with hindsight you should have parted with 40 and grabbed it with two hands ;) ;)

I have the Lamborghini tractor but sadly not the push pull ploughs, I have yet to have seen any at a sensible price, thats of course when they come up which is not very often, you really are amasing a super collection Bill.  ;)8)

Thanks James it is growing rather quickly this year...that's 681 boxed ones 678 at home and 3 County's still in China ;) ;)

First  box set from yesterday No 9639 Ford 5610 tractor and animal set still in cardboard outer sheath.

23042010001.jpg

From top left to bottom right

23042010002.jpg

·        2 piglets

·        2 chickens

·        2 baby goats

·        Mother goat

·        2 sheep

·        1 horse

·        2 pigs

·        2 cows

·        1 collie dog

·        3 gates

·        Ford 5610

23042010003.jpg

An added bonus was a pocket cat form 1990  ;) ;)

23042010004.jpg

Next up no 9652 in banded box Ford 2120 tractor yard brush and accessories.

Set comprises from top left to bottom right

•  
  • Piglet

• Man and cleaner

• piglet

• Ford 210

• Sow

• Sutton brush

23042010023.jpg

23042010024.jpg

23042010025.jpg

23042010026.jpg

The only fault with this one is the plastic liner is shot to shix. Reaction between plastic liner and tyres I assume ??? ???

What I do in cases like this is to put kitchen tool in between the two to save sticking to each other.

I'm sure other people have the same problems and wonder what they do if anything ??? ???

Oh and another cat this time one from 1992. That's been four out of the five sets that have had cats in them.

23042010036.jpg

After putting back in the box a cab transfer fell off. Also the one on the bonnet is curling up too.

What would be beat type of glue to use to stick them..... ??? ???

23042010037.jpg

23042010038.jpg

23042010039.jpg

23042010040.jpg

23042010037.jpg

Bill is there supposed to be a man carrying a sack included with this little set?

What is in the bag? drill weights?

With regard to the decals what about some PVA glue as it dries clear? Alternatively buy some repro ones and replace as required

Very nice sets Bill  8)

Does the front linkage unit hold in a lifted position ?

I've used Pritt Stick a couple of times, does the job and doesn't have any nasty reactions with anything.

I'd be interested to know if theres anything else suitable.

Bill is there supposed to be a man carrying a sack included with this little set?

What is in the bag? drill weights?

With regard to the decals what about some PVA glue as it dries clear? Alternatively buy some repro ones and replace as required

Yes super6 there should be a man carrying a bag as the photo on the front and should have been where those drill weights were. I'll need to try and see if I can source one to make the set complete. 

Thanks for tip on glue. I'm sure the original decal will stick on alright.

Archived