BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill, would I be correct in saying that this is your fourth Weathered Cultivator set with Ford 7000??!

I think I remember seeing you with three of these purchased at once a while ago...

And perhaps even a few Yellow 5000's as well?  How many do you have now?!

Now the pair together. I have to say the Case IH is by far the superior model in terms of detail. It is slightly more expensive at £ 33.00 in comparison with the NH CX which retails at £ 28.50 from G&M Farm Models

27032010011.jpg

27032010012.jpg

27032010014.jpg

27032010013.jpg

Bill, would I be correct in saying that this is your fourth Weathered Cultivator set with Ford 7000??!

I think I remember seeing you with three of these purchased at once a while ago...

And perhaps even a few Yellow 5000's as well?  How many do you have now?!

Correct Dwayne 4 of the 5000 and of the weathered 7000. The last two were Model Farmer salary. If you become a writer you can get paid in models ;) ;)

Are you interested ??? ???

Correct Dwayne 4 of the 5000 and of the weathered 7000. The last two were Model Farmer salary. If you become a writer you can get paid in models ;) ;)

Are you interested ??? ???

Bill, Id wax my legs for getting paid in models!!!  Sign me up

You want an article written, let me know!

Bill, Id wax my legs for getting paid in models!!!  Sign me up

You want an article written, let me know!

Seriously if interested Dwayne drop me a PM with what you fell you would like to write on and can discuss with Andy the boss and we can take it from there.

want to buy some JD stuff bill , never been out of the box , would compliment your collection nicely  :)

If Britains / Ertl and 1/32 possibly Marcus provided I don't already have them. If you want you could drop me a PM or email at bill.e.cruickshank@btinternet.com with numbers and description and we can take it from there. Alternatively do you want me to drop you a list of the JD's I have. If so please PM me with your e-mail address.

the reel on that nh combine doesnt look right to me for some reason bill?? looks bent on the right hand end, or is it just the angle in the photos

Just reving up and annoying the NH before it gets shoved out of the way Sean ;)

thanks for the pictures of the NH combine. Sure is the less detailed one. Most of the time, there will be an Ertl/Britains follow up in blue box with much more detail comparable to the Case! I am not surprised of the less detail, but still has to be added to the collection as i have pretty much every NH combine by Britains and Ertl so far..  ;)

Do you keep amny of your models out on show and have you got a layout BC ?

Is there anything different about the new NH 8090 combine other than the stick on decals ?

No Mike I don't show any of my Britains or have a layout I'm afraid.

Sorry I missed your post ...I'll get back to you on the differnces.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a great fan of eBay but got this one and it arrived yesterday. Well packaged and a real MIB. Now I can practice my 1/32 reversing with a dolly trailer ;) ;)

07042010001.jpg

07042010002.jpg

07042010003.jpg

07042010004.jpg

07042010005.jpg

07042010006.jpg

Yes I was well pleased with that buy James and not an expensive one either. Regarding mudguards are you meaning the earlier green version....does it have mudguards ??? ??? ...that one still eludes my collection >:( ... I have seen numerous unboxed ones but I simply don't buy unboxed Britains ;)

beautiful addition.

i do believe the mudgaurds were only on the 8-wheeled version and not the 4-wheeled.. But rarely see this version, so great find!

Thanks Will I'm well pleased with this model and box condition despite being branded MF ;) ;)

some of the Massey 4 wheeled trailers had mudguards

That's an earlier BANDED BOXED one Mark than my AUTHENTIC MODEL BOX as I call them but some people call them BLUE SPOT boxes.

9558 eight wheeled trailer green/red 1978-1987 straw box

9558 eight wheeled trailer dirty green/red no date rainbow chevron box

9567 Massey Ferguson 4 wheeled trailer red/yellow wheels 1988-1997 rainbow chevron box recoloured eight wheeled trailer with four wide wheels

9567 Massey Ferguson 4 wheeled trailer red/yellow wheels to 1998 authentic farm models box mudguards deleted and metal axel does not protrude through wheel unlike most far east produced variants, the decal remained as a paper sticker.

As the last one on the list is the version made in Macau in the 'Authentic farm Models' box, and BCs one is UK made in the 'Authentic Model' box, we need to add between the last two on that list:

9567  Massey Ferguson 4 Wheeled Trailer red/yellow wheels (date unsure - probably 1996/97) 'Authentic Model' box, as previous model but mudguards deleted.

Archived