BC's Other Britain's

BC

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some absolutely fantastic Britains purchases you have aquired Bill, a number of which bring back good memories, particularly the MB -Trac and yellow County. I remember been bought the white MB-Trac for my 5th birthday and often had it yoked to the Vicon spreader or Accord air drill. I later sold it in a repaired state for less than a tenner during one of my many carboot sale culls, a very adolescent and foolish thing to do.

Bill, nice yellow county, mine were both £5.99 in 1989 from My CO-OP, I must have had sixth sense to buy two, all my pocket money gone though, where did you get the little farmer playbase from, I was bidding on one on E aby that finished at 2.30 in the afternoon trying to bid at the last min on phone at work, lost it at £6.50, should have just put £20 in and be done with it, I really need one to fill a gap in my little farmer set, excellent models and money well spent. ;)

I remember what was the United Co-op store that operated in the Market Place in Pickering many moons ago used to sell the Britains range too James, rather different to the Co-operative Group I now work for. I wonder if I could convince my superiors we ought to stock them again, staff discount on farm models, I like the sound of that. :)   

Go for it David plus FTF members as well ;) ;)

I shall have to suggest the idea to my new area manager Bill  ;) . I do dream of the day an e-space plan comes down on our system requiring us to order farm models in, there's a number of departements that could at least be decreased in size to accomodate them, pipe dream of mine i'm sure it will remain though. :)

Bill, nice yellow county, mine were both £5.99 in 1989 from My CO-OP, I must have had sixth sense to buy two, all my pocket money gone though, where did you get the little farmer playbase from, I was bidding on one on E aby that finished at 2.30 in the afternoon trying to bid at the last min on phone at work, lost it at £6.50, should have just put £20 in and be done with it, I really need one to fill a gap in my little farmer set, excellent models and money well spent. ;)

Mine was a similar price, bought the white one at the same time I think  ;)

The little farmer play base, 40529, is the same as Farm play base 4713. It does not come with any animals/accessories.

Bill, selling the Porsche has freed up a lot of spending money, good to see you are using it wisely  :laugh:

what a beautiful set of models you acquired!!! Now please tell me, these are the neighboors too?  ;):P

without kidding, you certainly found some real stunners there, with the play bases you dont often see, the near complete Vintage series (missing the Lanz i believe?) and some really nice old and very nice boxed models from many moons ago..

PS. of all the models in my collection, only the Yellow County survived my childhood and the Powerfarm NH TR combine, but no boxes anymore regretfully, even though it were one of the first models bought when i started collecting at an early age.

Hi BC

there is some moneys worth there mate i love all the old britains (so much better than the new stuff) they bring back so many memories i just wish now i had kept all mine from when i were a young boy but over the years they either got broken or lost >:( >:( but you just dont think when theres loads of carpet farming to do and cattle to feed when your 5!!!!

Well done mate keep up the posts

regards nick

Mine was a similar price, bought the white one at the same time I think  ;)

The little farmer play base, 40529, is the same as Farm play base 4713. It does not come with any animals/accessories.

Bill, selling the Porsche has freed up a lot of spending money, good to see you are using it wisely  :laugh:

I'm well pleased with my latest 21 purchases. I hope these appreciate....Porsche's would just depreciate ;) ;)

what a beautiful set of models you acquired!!! Now please tell me, these are the neighboors too?  ;):P

without kidding, you certainly found some real stunners there, with the play bases you dont often see, the near complete Vintage series (missing the Lanz i believe?) and some really nice old and very nice boxed models from many moons ago..

PS. of all the models in my collection, only the Yellow County survived my childhood and the Powerfarm NH TR combine, but no boxes anymore regretfully, even though it were one of the first models bought when i started collecting at an early age.

Rest assured Wil they are my models not the other BC's ;) ;) Yes I need to get my hands on the Lanz Bulldog tractor to complete that series

Hi BC

there is some moneys worth there mate i love all the old britains (so much better than the new stuff) they bring back so many memories i just wish now i had kept all mine from when i were a young boy but over the years they either got broken or lost >:( >:( but you just dont think when theres loads of carpet farming to do and cattle to feed when your 5!!!!

Well done mate keep up the posts

regards nick

Thanks Nick.......all those did not come cheap but they are good models and most of them have mint boxes.

Is it possible to do DB-based conversions with that 900?

Annything is possible if you put your mind to it CMB. You could make a 990 like below I suppose but the Vintage Series 900 is in my opinion a bit to an expensive model to dabble with. If you wanted a 990 better to get hold of Britain's one No 04180 which was issued in an Elite Box and was out between 2003 and 2006.

08062009001-4.jpg

Well the old saying are true...."you never know what is round the corner". It was a bit like that at Perth on Saturday when I was looking through some of Graham;s secondary stuff and decided to buy a couple of Britain's items that well you don't see that often.

First one was base number 9528 issued in 1980 . According to the Peter Baron yellow book 2,000 were produced for the launch of the real tractor in USA. It is offcourse the Brown Fiat Hesston DT.

22032010008.jpg

22032010009.jpg

22032010007.jpg

22032010006.jpg

I managed to acquire some other Britain's from G&M on Saturday. Pictures to be taken and will follow later

No 9530- 8 wheeled Deutz

No 9524 - DeutzDX6

No 9382 - Powerfarm TW35 and Howard muck spreader

No 9383 - Powerfarm TW35 and Vicon mower

No 5580 - Ertl John Deere 3350

No 882 -Ertl Ford TW 5

And some new stuff too

42609Case Puma 225 CVX

42607Steiger Panther KM-325

42588John Deeere 8295R

42587John Deeere 7520

42546Case IH 8120 combine

42412NH 8090 Combine

42544NH BB9080 Square baler

42608Case IH Magum 335

There was another model I was keen on but thought about it most of the day before and went back and bought it.

There was also a Vermeer Yellow round baler No 9532 issued to the USA in 1981 but well no use to me since I only do boxed models

Anyway the one I did buy was No 5559- Real milk tanker issued to the USA in 1989. Based on base number 9604

Milk transporter ( Blue Dairy Crest)

22032010010.jpg

22032010011.jpg

22032010012.jpg

22032010017.jpg

Archived