BC's Other Britain's

BC

Very nice sets Bill  8)

Does the front linkage unit hold in a lifted position ?

I've used Pritt Stick a couple of times, does the job and doesn't have any nasty reactions with anything.

I'd be interested to know if theres anything else suitable.

Thanks Mark I do like the boxed set ones and have still a lot of elusive ones to get  ;) ;)

Actually the front linkage stays up better than down...you will see in the photos I had problems getting the linkage to stay down.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some really nice sets there bill, you can certainly see the effect sunlight has made on one of the lambo's , the roller tractor is cream & the plough one still white !

as for the front plough , you can see it's not right in the way it ploughs it'll do your head in looking at it , but the angle on the front plough is £r$e about face !

i concur with mark , pritstick for the decals

Well after asking about a farmer "mannie" carrying a bag on his shoulder for Set 9655 after asking in classified I was kindly sent one FOC from Rob aka "tractorbob" all he said he wanted was a cup of tea at Penrith in November....he will get a fine "piece" as well since I really appreciate getting something like that since it completes the set ;D ;D 

Very much appreciated Rob

30042010013.jpg

30042010014.jpg

30042010015.jpg

30042010016.jpg

First  box set from yesterday No 9639 Ford 5610 tractor and animal set still in cardboard outer sheath.

23042010001.jpg

From top left to bottom right

23042010002.jpg

·        2 piglets

·        2 chickens

·        2 baby goats

·        Mother goat

·        2 sheep

·        1 horse

·        2 pigs

·        2 cows

·        1 collie dog

·        3 gates

·        Ford 5610

23042010003.jpg

An added bonus was a pocket cat form 1990  ;) ;)

23042010004.jpg

That was a great set and one I remember having when I was a young un :)

Hey Bill, let me know if you have any other missing bits as I have lots of these odds and ends lying around.  I think I have about 3 of that man you just got, carrying the bag! 

On another note, I often wondered if he should be carrying two bags as his other arm looks like it could fit another bag in there and this is often something I did as a child when I was playing with them.  I never did see it displayed like that though in any of the Britains literature and I didnt ever see a set supplied with two bags to accompany the man.

The man ony ever came with one sack (if he carried two, he would probably be exceeding his 25kg maximum  ;);D )

Yes Clive we have to adhere to Health and Safety on FTF too  ;) ;)

Not to denigrate a freebie in any way, but that is not the correct sack. He should be carrying a moulded plastic sack that is much thinner and shaped to fit his arm/shoulder with a hole in one side that takes the pin on his left arm. Available in tan and grey, other colours may be available  ;)  That looks to be a good early type rubber sack complete with "ears" on the top corners.

IMG_20100501_7407.jpg

IMG_20100501_7408.jpg

Yes you have to get it right Bill, we demand nothing less than the complete original!

I just boxed 10 Costco Tough Crates with models today and put them to the loft since well the dining room was getting rather crowded. There is a bag of grey bags in that set so maybe that is the correct bag the chap should be carrying ???:-\

23042010032.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The courier came with this box of Britain's yesterday.

11052010001.jpg

I bought the 6 sets below and the two above were thrown in as freebies....I already have them but I think they were used as box fillers really. Never look a gift horse in the mouth as they say ;) ;)

11052010002.jpg

Yes Dwayne and arrives quicker from there than some places in the UK. It looks like he put the freebies in to pack out the box. Probably only worth a tenner a piece but a nice gesture. Just a shame it wasn't two models I did not already have. I have still quite a few elusive sets to get but Rome wasn't built in a day as they say ;) ;)

Archived