BC's Other Britain's

BC

Very good Paul but I think this one will be sufficient for me at present ;D ;D

Anyway ....am I dreaming or is there a model of this with a dowel hole in the base of the trailer to hold the cow ( with dowel) instead of the "Phillips screw" in my recent purchase???

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They come with a plastic moulded pin to the base of the trailer for the cow to attach over/on to.

I had one of these new, when a small boy, all those years ago. Only part left is the chassis and wheels. I don't know why all the rest was thrown away, not by me though! I bought a replacement along time ago now too but it has a grey loading ramp and white/pale grey base. As put together by seller,I knew what I was buying.

I was wondering if you'd got anything at the sale Bill.Now I know!

I would have been disappointed if I had gone home empty handed after sitting nearly six hours at the sale John

A lovely crisp powerfarm set Bill. Very nice!

I'm very pleased with this one and coming with the sleeve was the icing on the cake for me Andy.

I'm pleased with them both Justin. I don't think I will even bother replacing the cellophane in the animal transporter.

Looking forward to the next sale now ;D ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Last night and this morning I looked out 80 odd duplicate boxed models from my collection for auction later on this year. That still leaves nearly 1,200 boxed models but I think 2016 could be the year to sell them all and hopefully buy just one item....well a car which I have always wanted and admired from many decades ago.

Last night and this morning I looked out 80 odd duplicate boxed models from my collection for auction later on this year. That still leaves nearly 1,200 boxed models but I think 2016 could be the year to sell them all and hopefully buy just one item....well a car which I have always wanted and admired from many decades ago.

What's the car Bill?

More of less John. I'm just planning selling them earlier than I expected too due to lack of storage space plus I have lost the buzz of collecting I had over the past ten years.

That's quite interesting Bill as I have lost "the buzz" a bit too. I gave up on combines a while back, they take up far too much room, also given up on the Ertl versions. Space is becoming a bit of an issue too coupled with the fact that there are so many models coming out every year. My collecting has slowed right down this year being quite a bit behind with the latest releases

You know he'll be going round the sale with a clipboard muttering to himself... "Loss, profit.... efficiencies required... margins down...." or depending how well it goes "one wheel, a door, the brake pedal...." etc.

So Bill what are you going to do with yourself once you no longer have to maintain the spreadsheet or the photos?

You will have enough crates to build a garage for this machine of yours :D

The EVEN MORE IMPORTANT QUESTION... What about the (legendary) plastic bag collection?? ;D ;D

I never struggle to find what to do with my time Andrew so no worries on that front. Oh I forgot about the crates I will have to sell these at some point as well since no need for them even to store plastic bags ;D ;D

Sad to hear you are thinning your collection Bill.  But all good things must come to an end I suppose.  Please let me know if you are getting rid of any more in the near future as I still collect bits and pieces when good examples come up

Best wishes

Probably another 50 to 60 duplicates at auction later on this year which could be around October / November time...just waiting to hear from the auctioneer. Yet to arrange auction of the main collection but will be 2016 now at the earliest and over two sales due to the number I would imagine.

• 1 month later...

It has been a while since my last visit here on FTF, but what great models you have added to your collection ... especially the Powerfarm set, no words for that ... but what I read next was not so pleasant, losing the buzz is quite something, certainly for you I suppose. I have been lying low for 2 years now, but the buzz has caught me again. Will these auctions be online as well?

• 5 months later...

Juts found this Bill.. should have looked in here first. Shame when the 'magic' goes ... it happened to me a bit 3-4 years ago when I packed my knotted hanky and left home. I did keep a few bits back ... glad I did too ! ... what car do you fancy then ?

Archived