Toytac... 19th October - Marky's FTF show report

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish i had come to this show instead of spaldings oct  never mind i know now for next year any one got a wesite for the tool stall with the paint and tools  for sale

The stall was Squires, http://www.squirestools.com/  the website is just a web page with his contact details but get his catalogues, free and full of stuff.  Does mail order with free postage.

wow im sold im off to toytrac next year

whats the story with the metal finished ford 6600,MF 135

and major are they new out or you can just buy them like that

off the stall holder as they would sell well i would imagine

thanks for the pics marky

you did yourself and the rest of us proud  :-*

Can I cadge a lift mate  ;) ;) ;)

they're all one-offs Nige, that Dave Perdue had chromed for himself. What a tease... eh!! ;):)

great pictures mate  ;D ;D after looking at grahams set up i'm off to B&Q next saturday to floor out the loft and my mates said the same too. oh if anybody wants some front linkages off the atles farmmodels.co.uk had some in one of there boxes. first time to the new site and i think it was great only problem some people thought was not cafe to sit in, but hey the carpark wasn't too far away to go sit down in :D. i wonder how many new members signed up when they got home? role on next year lads

Wow .. Great pics Marky  :-* Luckily none of you  ;)

Great couple pf days really  ;)

Highlight had to be anyone who shared the experience of Marky after his 2 & a half pints  :D :D

Would be interested if Steve Harris could confirm the number of entrants as it felt like a Lot!  ;)

Roll on next year  ;)

Thanks for the photos Marky, or not depending on which way I look at it, spotted several things which I wished I'd bought.... was a bit tricky with young 'un there though..! Apologies to all those whose tables George dislodged... Paul, he had a grab at yours while I was getting that TM roof!  :-\

While it was nowhere near as large as Spalding in the spring I thought it was a really nice little event... easier to get round and I found that with fewer tables with hundreds of new models, I was able to spend a bit more time looking for parts and tools.

I had a last minute blitz in Squires too and a fairly lengthy chat with him, I think he's going to be dropping by here soon as he's discovered it to be a good market for him.

For those that weren't there or didn't realise, he has a pretty hefty mail order catalogue and as already stated, free postage, so it's no more expensive than visiting the shop itself. He says they also do next day delivery wherever possible if you get it in before the end of the day. They do seem to carry pretty well everything from the full Plastruct range, brass sections, fixings, adhesives, paints and the whole range of tools. I think I'll be spending a fair bit with him in the future!

I did wake up at about 4 this morning thinking 'I wish I'd bought a sheet of black styrene to make fenders & mudguard extensions' though.... weirdo  :D

onlt thing that i really noticed was the lack of rummage boxes , usually a MF595 chassis wheels & bonnet, is found in these for a couple of pound , but when they're up on the table they're priced at about a tenner  >:(

not much for the conversionits  really unless they wanted to break a complete model to get the parts they needed

I noticed that Marcus.... I thought the repro parts were a bit pricey too. But it was a lot smaller than Spalding so I wasn't expecting massive car boot quantities of breakers. Everything there seemed a bit 'good' and priced as such.. Can't knock it though, I came out of it OK...  :D

I did think the bargain of the day was a line of 3 or for tidy looking Britains 135's for about 25 quid each..? I do wish I'd bought one now...  >:(

Sorry that I've been a little behind withg posting some more pics  :-[ ... I've got a desk load of paperwork to move from in to out first then I'll get the layouts up... boy oh boy you are in for a treat as well I can tell you  :o :o

Us stoppy backs are ready and waiting Mr F ;D ;D