jd 965 combine

straw chopper or not  

69 members have voted

1. 1. straw chopper or not

• yes fit a chopper
    • no leave her without

did a few today, but the wire i have from works a little to thick at .5mm, so getting some .32 or .4 mm thin stuff tommorrow, will certainly get some pics when i get going proper mate

Yes please sean, I have some plans of my own to make some of these....

cheers pete, shes getting there slowly but suerly, recived a pair of engine blocks today, not exactly right, but they fill the hole, and with a little work on them with exhaust ,drums and air filter ect fittted to be honest you wont tell its not the right sort of engine

many thanks to pdc for these, saved me some hassle there mate

also just uploading some pics as requested by jez and ben for making the tines

cheers mate, i have loads of pics,of a 975 granted, but there was no difference between them other than a 975 is 15cm wider than the 965 due to the extra walker in the back and seive area, every other size is the same, checked with my uncle whos a jd guy over than, have the brouchure to which has cleared a few bit, only pic i didnt have was the dividers on the header which yours has mark, so that will help no end mate,

went looking for a trailer to take a picture of like the old fraser we had but none about everybody has 14 ton plus now. haven't managed to get a pic of my mates new combine but it would make the jd look small he got a new lexion 600 on tracks and a 35 ft header. changed days as the ran the same combine as you are making.

went looking for a trailer to take a picture of like the old fraser we had but none about everybody has 14 ton plus now. haven't managed to get a pic of my mates new combine but it would make the jd look small he got a new lexion 600 on tracks and a 35 ft header. changed days as the ran the same combine as you are making.

Where are they running that mate ? Scotland or Germany?

i bet mate, wonder how much quicker harvest is now

got another 40 tines made tonight, so a nice box of 60 sat waiting to be fitted, also a bit on the cab interior to, all near as ready for paint on the main body now

also got the auger parts fitted to the rod for the header, and the holes drilled out for the lugs/theeth in the center

also sized the 7 ton twin axel petit trailer i have half done up for the 3140, they make a nice set alongside the combine

hate to be pick but you shore it ant a 590plus they have as they dont fit the 35fters to the 600 as they cant mange it but down here they use to run 7 of them your mackeing on my great grandads farm but it is all doone buy two lexions and a case now

Claas definately do the 600 and 35ft header in the UK, the company I work for sold one up here in Aberdeenshire.

The c/bar and trolley needs some room to manoeuvre in the dealers yard :o:).

Never heard of a 590 plus tho.

Sorry about off topic Sean.

Your JD is lookin good, must take some patience to do those tines. :)

little more progress, cab interior started ,all this need sto be green so no more till painted in here, hand rails on, but may be redone with thinner rod?? not sure, as you can see the door sildes open and closed as well

001-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

bit more on the header to ,reels in at the back, just got to add the small tines in the center

003-1.jpg

and different engine block now to, smaller than the siku jd ones, and looks better now, need to add the radiator on one side and the mesh drum on the other, along with the exhaust and air filters, this bit will be fitted after painting so i can get it and the bay inside all green

006-1.jpg

also done some more tines, got approx 60 ready to fit now

007-1.jpg

Sean thats looking more dogs dangleys than ever!!!, Harry will love that as a 1st b-day present! ;D ;D ;D ;D

:D :D :D :D bet he would but i would hope you teach him, or nanny mark teaches him that reds the colour mate

hope to get a bit more done tommorrow, aim is to get the basic combine body built and primes up for maybe sunday at a push, then i can get the green on and get on with the other bits on there, header will be a bit longer due to the tines ect