jd 965 combine

straw chopper or not  

69 members have voted

1. 1. straw chopper or not

• yes fit a chopper
    • no leave her without

cheers lads, slowley getting there, got the green onto the header today,managed to prime it last night , so its only the reel to ninish the tines  on, and paint that along with the cab top, and i am onto the engine bay part, and the cab interior,have the basics made of that, just need spaint before final detailing,also got the back skirt fitted, just needs trimming up height wise

am dreading the painting of the reel, yellows my bogy colour always had a prob doing it no matter what make the paint is, lot of work to bugger up if it goes wrong :-\ :-\ :-\

few pics of todays progress

001-5.jpg

002-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

slowley getting there mate, taken longer than the mf i did  i must confess, but i havnt had quite  so much free time as  i did with that one one question has anyone a pic of the older jd header trailers?? cant seem to find one at the min ,and nothing in the book, i asume its like the mf one i made just green

slowley getting there mate, taken longer than the mf i did  i must confess, but i havnt had quite  so much free time as  i did with that one one question has anyone a pic of the older jd header trailers?? cant seem to find one at the min ,and nothing in the book, i asume its like the mf one i made just green

we made one for our 1065H very basic one. loving this one sean  a farmer near us has one of these and it looks just like yours . good one mate ;)

so its much the same as a 1075 for instance?? if so i sort of remember the one from the nextdoor farm ,yeah i know of 1 cabbed and one openplatform one still working out north devon way to, along with numerous 10 series ones

looks wise they are the same just had a rounded cab on our c reg 1065H , we put the new holland 1580 header augar in the jd deere header so we could go that bit faster, so you could do another one with a rounded cab too ;)

looks wise they are the same just had a rounded cab on our c reg 1065H , we put the new holland 1580 header augar in the jd deere header so we could go that bit faster, so you could do another one with a rounded cab too ;)

plans for a 1075 are already drawn out,will be a while yet as i have no 3 ready to go now, same year/decade as the 1st two in late 70's into early 80's

but this one will help in the build of that no end, several things i will do different build wise to this one

Flipping hec Seany... I'm blown away mate... that's looking mighty peachy mate... top jobby... that header is simply stunning mate... as is the rest of her  :o:-*

cheers mate, its not red but its different i must say,dont worrya mf 29's drawn out ready to, might even do that next??

aiming for the earlier yellow version mate, mind you as much as yellows a bogey colour for me, the wheels went fine on the yellow primer i must confess, prehaps thats part of the problem as i have always used white or grey primer, maybe they just dont mix???

think the black reel one has some differences body wise with a few extras? so bit late now