The Aughton Valley Collection

I guess I like them David because well in real life they are that bit different and well you don't see many of them on the rally circuits.

Very true Bill. I've never photographed that particular later type of 95 although do have a photograph of a similar slightly later 105 from Newark several years ago. I've also photographs of both the equal wheel Roadless tractors, which is part of the reason why i'd like to add the other models to my classic collection. :)

Lined up on my favourite blue shelf.

P1110514.jpg

I've now finished off photographing the remaining models I purchased from Spalding. All have new homes in my cabinets at the expense of various general releases that have been boxed back up until I can bring myself to part with them. My plans are now to further refine the existing line ups within my collection and look to develop some of the lesser themes as I search for another cabinet now that i've managed to create some further space. I've plenty of ideas myself however if there are any other members out there who could offer any further inspiration towards them then post your suggestions in here. :)

As mentioned previously here's a line up of tractors i'm very pleased to have put together. My "Modified Masseys."

First up my line up of 3000 series tractors which also includes the standard UH 3080.

Starting with Paul ( PDC ) Capon's 3065 High Visibility. I now have ten of Paul's excellent conversions residing in my collection.

P1110537.jpg

Next in line is the standard Universal Hobbies 3080.

P1110541.jpg

Followed by Ian "Agrium" Leather's 3095 on rowcrops with scratchbuilt front box. I genuinely thought by the time I reached Ian's stand this tractor would have already been sold. I'm rather pleased it wasn't.

P1110539.jpg

P1110540.jpg

Lastly my PDC 6480 which was the first of Paul's wonderful MF conversions to join my collection now has a shelf partner in the shape of his 6465 conversion which was another tractor to join my collection via Barry's stand. Chuffed to bits with how this part of my collection has developed. :)

P1110554.jpg

P1110555.jpg

P1110557.jpg 

Last but certainly not least the one plant / construction model I purchased. A Universal Hobbies Komatsu D61EX. I bought it specifically for my Dad who turned 60 a couple of weeks ago. He's in the process of retiring from a career of over 40 years as a plant operator due to health issues and has decided to gather a few models up himself now since I bought him the Komatsu dozer.

P1110558.jpg

P1110559.jpg

Those Masseys are fab David. Some fine Fords & NHs in the display cabinet also. You ve a fine collection. ;)

Thanks ever so much Justin, really enjoyed adding to it recently. Delighted with how my Massey Ferguson collection is coming together, would love to add a few more 3000 series converted variations in the future. I do like my blues aswell although some of the most modern New Hollands may well depart the cabinet for more Fords. :)   

:of  ... what a collection of 3000's David... I do like that rowcrop version a lot as well... fairly common sight around here on the edge of the Fens and into carrot, spud and lettuce land  :P

Thanks ever so much Mark. Chuffed to bits with my 3000 series models i've aquired, all thanks to the forum. Having seen Paul and Ian's models posted on here prior to attending Spalding they immediatley jumped to the top my shopping list. Great to finally have some of Ian's master craftsmanship in my collection too. It's a lovely model shod on rowcrops and I really the front box he also built up for this tractor. There's still quite a few 3000 series tractors working around here too, so it's a line up i'd really like to add to in the future. :)

Fully agree Mark and if I was to display it with one I'd love to have someone build me a Chafer trailered sprayer similar to this one:

http://www.jbrockandsons.com/machinery/details/37-9967

As it would then match a combination that once operated locally when I was bit younger. Thanks again for your kind comments. :)

That would look nice behind it David. A farm I worked on ran a 3095 with a Chafer T3000 with 24m booms behind it.

There's a good number of Chafer trailered sprayers working around here Mark, of varying age and size. My friends the Dowkes family run an older example behind one of their Massey Ferguson 6190 tractors whilst there's also a one year old example working behind a nearly new John Deere 7530. :)

Im glad the 3095 on rowcrops stayed on the table until it did.  I really liked converting that model, it was totally different and that appeals to me now.  I am in the process of creating a front box similar to the one I put on that 3095, which I will be sending for casting.  Great for the UH 3080, especially as the front weights just pop out and you are left with a small rectangular hollow to attach the box into.

Great pics. ;)

Im glad the 3095 on rowcrops stayed on the table until it did.  I really liked converting that model, it was totally different and that appeals to me now.  I am in the process of creating a front box similar to the one I put on that 3095, which I will be sending for casting.  Great for the UH 3080, especially as the front weights just pop out and you are left with a small rectangular hollow to attach the box into.

Great pictures. ;)

Thanks ever so much Ian. Very pleased to have added your wonderful 3095 to my collection and given it a home alongside my other 3000 series models. Whilst I still consider myself a novice when it comes to tractor driving the 3095 brings back many good memories for me. It was a 3095 belonging to a friend that I completed my first significant amount of road work on carting manure. I also spent a number of enjoyable afternoons ploughing with the same tractor.

IMGmuck_0001.jpg

The same farm still runs this 3085 which i've also briefly used in the past too, in this instance with a Landmec mower. I've also spent an afternoon aboard another friend's 3070 hauling grain from a combine. I think this is why i'm so taken with gathering up the 3000 series models I now have residing in my collection. Coupled to that I have lots of memories from when I was younger of many other 3000 series tractors working on local farms.

IMG3085_0001.jpg

2wd 3095 I spotted at York Machinery Sale around 5 years ago.

IMGmf3000_0002.jpg 

Enjoyed catching up with this topic during lunch today David. I know they do not appeal to many but I love the big articulated monsters that you have shown. I think if I ever own a real tractor collection, the big 4WD's will be the theme! Do you have the 747 Big Bud?

Enjoyed catching up with this topic during lunch today David. I know they do not appeal to many but I love the big articulated monsters that you have shown. I think if I ever own a real tractor collection, the big 4WD's will be the theme! Do you have the 747 Big Bud?

Thanks ever so much Andy. Really enjoying the way i'm currently displaying my collection on the forum for others to view as well as how I now have my cabinets set up at home. I do love the prairie monsters I have gathered up. That part of my collection now stands at 36 articulated tractors along with my pair of Case Traction Kings. As you mention they're not everyone's cup of tea but I have a huge fascination with them and also have a good number of books and DVDs on the subject of them too.

My favourites from my collection are most definitely the Ertl models produced for Toy Farmer and the National Farm Toy Show versions, with the Plow City Deeres not far behind. These models have a wonderfully bold and simplistic charm to them that mirrors the real machines they represent, especially the Big Buds I have. I've yet to acquire the Diecast Promotions versions of the Big Bud 747. However if I ever do sometime in the future I think it would be rather nice to find a shelf large enough to display them with another famous "one off" giant. The Versatile 1080 "Big Roy," of which there were also two versions produced for Toy Farmer by Diecast Promotions in 1/32nd scale. I very nearly bought one of these from Spalding.....maybe one day. :)     

Some nice additions to the collection there David, especially the 3000 series MF's  ;D

Thanks Patrick. Really pleased with my recent purchases and the direction my collection is now headed. Chuffed to bits to have put together a line up of 3000 series Fergies, a theme i'd really like to add to further at some point. :)

Thanks Patrick. Really pleased with my recent purchases and the direction my collection is now headed. Chuffed to bits to have put together a line up of 3000 series Fergies, a theme i'd really like to add to further at some point. :)

Its hard to beet a good 3000 series Fergies ha ha!

Its hard to beet a good 3000 series Fergies :)

5ft long 2x2 does the job well, or some lead pipe!  ;D

Some great photo's, I like the top one with the trailer parked outside the building collecting manure, reminds me of the pig sheds on the farm I grow up on, always a trailer parked up for the pig manure to be wheeled into

Its hard to beet a good 3000 series Fergies :)

They do bring back plenty of childhood memories Robert. Remember good few farms near where I live were running 3080 tractors back in the early nineties. Really enjoying gathering together my collection of 3000 series tractors. :)

5ft long 2x2 does the job well, or some lead pipe!  ;D

Some great photo's, I like the top one with the trailer parked outside the building collecting manure, reminds me of the pig sheds on the farm I grow up on, always a trailer parked up for the pig manure to be wheeled into

Thanks Barry, appreciated. I remember taking that photograph the day I was aboard the 3095 just over 7 years ago with a very different type of camera to what i'm using now. One of those plastic disposable efforts that cost less than a pint. :)

Inspired by Paul's ( "Paulali" ) lovely collection of modern modified John Deere tractors here's my own as it currently stands located on two shelves in one of my free standing cabinets and the top of my wardrobe. At present I have 37 models of John Deere and associated Lanz tractors that also includes two self propelled foragers and a combine harvester.

First up on the bottom shelf my vintage and classic line up.

P1110894.jpg

Whilst just above my more modern line up, the majority of which i'm planning on replacing with further classics in due course.

P1110940.jpg

The one tractor to have vacated my cabinet is this baby and very basic Britains 5410 seen here in charge of my Sutton yard brush.

P1110902.jpg

P1110904.jpg

Up until a few years ago the only combine harvester residing in my fledgling collection was my Siku Deutz - Fahr 36.10 which survived the carboot sale cull from my carpet farming days. That was until I fancied something a little bigger to bring home the harvest at Derwent Vale and bought this John Deere 9880STS having seen one reviewed in a magazine. Recently though it's taken a back seat in my collection with my Schuco Challenger 680B taking pride of place amongst the combines I have. Today though I decided to give it a thorough dust and clean and take some photographs of it.

P1110911.jpg

P1110909.jpg

P1110907.jpg