The Weather in General

Udimore

The farm where i worked had a DB 996 and the selectors where always jumping out we had to take the rande box of the top of the gear box & with the aid of a socket spaner handle pop them back into allighnment

the same for the DB 885  and we had a IH 885 for a short time of an old farmer

and the same happend with that

i think its was the selector forks worn easy to allighn but the problem does get worse

if you dont sort it properly by getting new selector forks or building the current ones

with weld and thats the hard part

just think of the history with ferguson and brown ferguson wanted david brown gear boxes

So it might be that

easy to rectify but hard to cure the real problem anyway good luck  ;)

oh no !

I was looking forward to Regan getting nicely finished and appearing in future episodes of SuperMart !

So get well, soon.

Dry/grey/cold in Beverley this morning, a few flakes of snow at York and as far as Ripon. but just round the corner then Fountains Abbey had 2" driving wet snow but it didn't stop JohnP's crew having a good time (also all the kids in the park with sledges, surfboards, plastic bags etc etc.)

Thanks John......Hopefully it won't be too long before we're rescuing things again...... ;)::);)

Gutted for you SuperMart... chin up mate - sounds like a broken finger in this cold weather I reckon - easy job and not too expensive... I'm on my way up with my spanners mate  ;)

Cheers Marky......We'll see how things go once I get the mechanic up, and take it from there, but let's hope it's not too bad...... :-\ ;) ;)

The farm where i worked had a DB 996 and the selectors where always jumping out we had to take the rande box of the top of the gear box & with the aid of a socket spaner handle pop them back into allighnment

the same for the DB 885  and we had a IH 885 for a short time of an old farmer

and the same happend with that

i think its was the selector forks worn easy to allighn but the problem does get worse

if you dont sort it properly by getting new selector forks or building the current ones

with weld and thats the hard part

just think of the history with ferguson and brown ferguson wanted david brown gear boxes

So it might be that

easy to rectify but hard to cure the real problem anyway good luck  ;)

Cheers IM885XL, it would be interesting to see if it's a similar problem...... :) :) :)

On the old Leyland Tiger bus we used to get me and the bus driver always used to have a laugh when it rained cause there was so much water coming in the opening driver's side windown and part of the front windscreen you nearly needed a mop to clean it up  :D, add to that the fact the window de-mister didn't really work and the windscreen wipers weren't the best...... :D;)

been in 4 times now,they have preasure washed it,left a hose running on it,can't find it,must just be a small hole that is only allowing water in at a certain angle,if i hadn't have droped that branch hammer of the pole i wouldn't have had that prob i guess