Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show

JCB BLOKE

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a good show, alittle dissapointed as went with a wedge of money for new u/h models etc but not much new releases there in 1/32 that i wanted :(  my mates got a couple of great 1/50 construction bargins. its a great show to look at displays, plenty to choose from of all scales.

was nice seen a few forum members and seen the ribble valley massive :)

Smashing pictures,who makes the Claas Direct Disc kits  :of

Regards

Joe.

That would be me ;):) . BigA lent me a small space on his stand to display them.

Send me a pm if interested.

Just got back about an hour ago, was a great day, very nice to meet some fellow forum members. As for Damian's display, well stunning just does not seem to cover it :of , a big thanks to him and all others for taking the time and effort to show us their work.

Just got back - no probs with the weather but thanks for your concern ;D:D

I won't duplicate what's up here already, but...

Big A's stand.

pen_andy.jpg

Daniel from Oranda demoing weathering.

pen_daniel.jpg

Ian hard at work.

pen_ian.jpg

Damian behind his work of art.  :)

pen_dam.jpg

Damians display! :o :o :o The work. . . . . The wieght! :D I bet pasting tables wern't supporting that lot. Also, great photo John, of the North East Newly Weds. Some nice photos by everybody, I will attend at the first possibility. The show has always interested me but the distance was an issue you guys' pics have now put the proof in the pudding :)

Thanks for all the comments folks - very much appreciated. It was a good show and we enjoyed displaying my bit of a hobby for the 1st time. It was nice to see everybody and have a chat. Bill - thanks for the Aberdeen Buttery - they are certainly an acquired taste!!

Excellent show Damien and I have to say for me your exhibit was the best in show in terms of dedication and attention to detail. I'm glad you survived your first Aberdeen buttery and lived another day  ;D ;D ;D

Got home this afternoon and have down loaded 50 odd photos so will get them uploaded later on this week .. however they will never do justice to that masterpiece of yours 8)

I assume that this was a conversion but I wouldn't mind one of these as I used to drive a 674,Think it was a Dave Towse model ,

Regards Kev Ribble Valley Posse

LakelandModelShow014.jpg

Lancashire Lads Leyland display

LakelandModelShow015.jpg

1/64 display Lynn's display was actually 1/87 scale my Puller display was 1/64

LakelandModelShow016.jpg

LakelandModelShow017.jpg

Few Massey conversions

LakelandModelShow018.jpg

howdy they're ladd's an lasses!! im a bit of a new kidd on the block (no smart alac replies andy/brian?)

time there was a case man on the job here like? however just to confirm the quality of the show it is well worth a trip! no dout about it,even if its just for a look, damien display is just amazing the time that he put in is dedication of a top level,well done to a have a gift for making something like that,respect! :laugh:

p.s i think everyone is far too soft on these two guys i mentioned before as i give em a lot more stick than you all do?  ;D ;D  food for thought everyone, o-o? :-\

Well folks it was afirst time vist to the Lakeland Show at Penrith and I have to say it was a very enjoyable weekend. Met up with a few new FTF members and had a crack with some of the ones I knew from before. I managed to get in early on the Sunday to drop of the butteries and 2 bite brownies at Andy's stall and well as things were uncovered I managed to eye up some older Britain's I was interested in buying. I was fair though I did not offer to buy until the official opening at 10am but still managed to miss a Gray's push off buckrake I was after >:(

Anyway here are the shots in the order I took them.

First up some of county 999's ( Jonathon nice to meet you and I still owe you for that uncashed cheque for a Britain's catalogue )

22112009001.jpg

22112009002.jpg

22112009003.jpg

22112009004.jpg

22112009005.jpg

22112009006.jpg

The last one on Jonathon's large display

22112009007.jpg

Moving on next up is another large display from Andrew Anderson from the Dumfies area if I recall correctly

I liked this lime spreading set up which we have had a discussion on FTF about within Iain's ( Tollbox Tam's) topic on the old lime spreaders and methods of loading.

22112009008.jpg

Moving along Andrew's display

22112009009.jpg

Now this attention to detail I like. A lorry load that is actually tied down with ratchet straps. Speaking to Andrew he uses green florists tape with wire inside for the straps and the ratchets are made from two tiny brass safety pins cut and glued together ;) ;)

22112009010.jpg

Could not see any chains and dwangs holding on this load though :( :(

22112009011.jpg

The next three shots were a display from Alfie Thompson

22112009012.jpg

22112009013.jpg

22112009014.jpg

Next was a demolition display by Antony Thompson I think. Chimney's reminds me of Fred Dibnah and as he would say

"Do you like that"......I certainly did ;) ;)

22112009015.jpg

Moving on the Mason brothers from nearby Kendal with another large display. I think I saw you boys with a cup did I not ??? ???

22112009016.jpg

Posing for the camera as requested ;) ;)

22112009017.jpg

Now the two brothers together

22112009018.jpg

I was speaking to your dad when I dropped in past on Saturday afternoon and he was saying you have real tractors too. You need to get photos and post they up in an appropriate topic please ??? ???

Now I'm not sure who had the next display

22112009019.jpg

I think the next two were the Beeton's from the Lockerbie area ??? ???

22112009020.jpg

22112009021.jpg

Net up Andy Ingram's rather nice stall with Aberdeenshire made Stewart and Fraser ( cairt's ) sorry trailers ;) ;)

22112009022.jpg

Now another dispaly but sorry don't know whoes this is ???

22112009023.jpg

Next up well it is the king of attention to detail. Damian JCB Bloke.

Nice to see deatils about the exhibit and who owns it made it and who long was spent on it. ;) ;)

22112009024.jpg

22112009025.jpg

22112009026.jpg

22112009027.jpg

22112009028.jpg

When I turned the corner and caught this scrap year it was ace...so so real... and then Damian pointed out the 1/32 pheasant sitting on the wall...amazing

22112009029.jpg

Next up a collector displaying for the first time if I recall who collects mainly britain's and only Ford's and New Holland. There was also a lovely row of nicely converted Ford's and County's

22112009034.jpg

22112009035.jpg

Next display I'm unsure whoes this was

22112009036.jpg

Some watercolours now for sale

22112009042.jpg

Next Ian "Agrium" stopping his commission and have a chat ;D ;D

22112009043.jpg

Moving on and upstairs to the small display room and well when I turned the corner I think I shouted wow when I saw this sea of green ;) ;)

22112009044.jpg

22112009045.jpg

22112009046.jpg

Next display is from dave and Daniel Arthur

22112009047.jpg

22112009048.jpg

22112009049.jpg

Well that's it from me from the 2009 Lakeland show and I must say I really did enjoy the weekend away. Was speaking to Harold and although he said he was not a forum member becasue computers and him don't agree he said he would be quite happy to let me in early next year to take photos of the displays before the crowds came in. Me thinks I should be booking my Travel lodge now but this time the one on the doorstep of the centre and not the Southwaite one 12 miles further North ;):D

I think Harold said the date for 2010 would be Sunday 21st November 2010.