What is the total build cost of shed to date to the nearest £  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• £ 500 to £ 600
    • £ 601 to £ 700
    • £ 701 to £ 800
    • £ 801 to £ 900
    • £ 901 to £ 1,000

The freebie pine dresser and display unit I got from next door yesterday. Still to be decided which bits will be used and where.

04042010017.jpg

All filled up for the day with stools and work benches and steps

04042010018.jpg

04042010019.jpg

Before butinoxing I removed the cabin hook holders since close to the hinges. Although brass the screws were not real brass. A photo and email needs to go to Screwfix on this. really annoys me when companies sell you stuff that is not the real McCoy >:( >:(

04042010020.jpg

Up to 12 / 13 degrees today

04042010021.jpg

Second coat of butinox completed on both doors

04042010022.jpg

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awwww.. i am excluded  :(  ..  :P;) 

are you going to make a ramp to the door for your tractor? to not damage the floor when driving in?

that display unit looks very nice.. needs a few more shelves, a few lights and the first of many display units is ready for your BFA collection and Britains collection ;)

awwww.. i am excluded  :(  ..  :P;) 

are you going to make a ramp to the door for your tractor? to not damage the floor when driving in?

that display unit looks very nice.. needs a few more shelves, a few lights and the first of many display units is ready for your BFA collection and Britains collection ;)

You can visit the post or even Scotland and see the real thing Will.

Well I have a set of ramps for two of the other sheds. Plan is to make small ramp or ramps for this one as well since well I have offcuts of framing and also offcuts of the chipboard that was used for the roof.

For being a freebie it is not too bad  ;D ;D

Yes a light would be better and will most likely be used for BFA if used in one of the spare bedrooms.

never going to get the tractor in that shed if you start filling it with other peoples throw outs are you bill ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just temporay storage Sean the tractor and museum collection are defiantly going into that shed ;) ;)

Just temporay storage Sean the tractor and museum collection are defiantly going into that shed ;) ;)

Defiantly eh Bill  :of :of :of :of are they getting a bit stroppy or would that be definitely  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Really Jo please go and detox that mind of yours ;) ;)

Thanks for reminding me I must email Screwfix and inform them about their inferior brass screws they are using with their cabin hooks ;D ;D

Thanks Gordon. Beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel now.

It will be a lot lighter by the weekend when I hope to get the lining boards coated with white emulsion ;) ;)

Saturday 10th April 2010

Yesterday dad completed the 3rd and final coat of butinox on the doors and also the high side.

10042010001.jpg

10042010003.jpg

10042010004.jpg

10042010005.jpg

Saw this little chappy trying to fly...he did manage eventually

10042010002.jpg

Got quite cosy in the shed too

10042010.jpg

Sunday 11th April 2010

have the aliens landed or is he playing at Neil Armstrong...That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind....I can now see light at the end of the tunnel

11042010001.jpg

11042010002.jpg

11042010003.jpg

11042010004.jpg

Yes Steve....and I'm glad its getting there. I have another week to work then have a weeks holiday using up the last of last years carried over days. Hope to get the base under the temporary shack cemented and then get he rolled into place. Need to since well the first rally is on 2nd May so will have even less weekend shed time ;) ;)

Today I had other things to do so dad decided best fill the brass screwheads with polyfilla. I was not going to bother but I suppose it finishes things off better. Be a right pain though if we have ever to take panels down but hopefully that should not be the case.

17042010001.jpg

17042010002.jpg

Cosy but not as cosy as it has been

17042010003.jpg

Sunday 18th April 2010

Well today dad was going to sand the shed then apply the second coat of white emulsion. I did have to get a photo of him before he went out since well i wanted to get some of these shots for a moon pig birthday card for his 80th Birthday a week today. Doing the Neil Armstrong thing when he stepped on the moon in 1969  ;) ;)

18042010001.jpg

The sanding being done

18042010004.jpg

18042010005.jpg

18042010006.jpg

Ah but John a very nice lady tractor will be living in there so it has to be right. ;D ;D

Not quite sure about the colour of carpeting yet :-\

Oh and the third and final coat will go on today since well its trying to snow up here today so I can't get going "ploughing" my veggie patch

Ha ha like it Bas ;D ;D

Although I don 't see him I still hear him shouting to get him this or that ;) ;)

He enjoys doing things and well it keeps him nice and active and saves him stiffening up ;) ;)

Archived