• £ 901 to £ 1,000

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday 8th May 2010

Well the old shack has stood now for nearly three years but not for much longer

05052010003.jpg

08052010005.jpg

Wood storage in the new shed until I get the wood shed rearrange when I have more time

08052010001.jpg

In the meantime the shed site will be used for hard standing for my single axle trailer. This trailer was made 25 years ago or more from a Ford Anglia 105 E back end and rear springs fitted to a cart that was used for my MG2 caterpillar by the chap I bought it from. It has had a refurbish and replacement wood and plastic wings in that time since the metal wings rotted away. I can't remember when it was last used but on of the wheel had seized up due to the brake linings sticking. Jacked her up wheel off and a few chaps on the face of the drum with a large hammer and she fried. Not to ones self make sure the wheel nuts are checked when she is next used ;) ;)

08052010002.jpg

The wooden structure of the shack

25042010008.jpg

not even going to ask how long it took to build that frame ..................unless thats another topic i've missed  :-\

:) :)

good going bill , but maybe you could have posted that old hobby tarp to JDC for disposal  ;)

just typical asn't it , you build a new tractor shed & it's now filled up with wood & tools  ::);D

bet you'll be pleased to see the tractor in it  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well Marcus that was nearly three years ago that the shack was built. It was a fairly rough and ready thing so i don't think it was actually too long in the making...I mean dad did not have to stop and plane things ;) ;)

I need to get the wood shifted into the wood store between two of the other sheds and the rest of the stuff into the garage. holding on to the mixer since might do a little more cementing. Was maybe going to run a length of cement for the Ifor Williams trailer to run on but will decide on that once shed moved.

May actually try and roll the shed into place on roller today and get the French Cub into it. That them frees up the paint spray shed which can be used for holding the mixer and lawnmower. After that I can get the French Cub with finger bar mower back from Kemnay and dad can have the use of his garage for his car again ;) ;)

Yesterday evening I noticed some the the wood was expanding with the heat. Maybe that will save me paying the final retention monies to the builder ;) ;)

21052010001.jpg

21052010002.jpg

21052010003.jpg

21052010004.jpg

21052010005.jpg

I saw a tip on one of these home improvement shows once that said that if you are using tongue and groove type boarding you should paint the tongue before assembly so that if they shrink or warp then you don't see the unpainted bit, it was meant for internal cladding but I think it is just as relevant for outdoor wood, especially in the current heatwave.  :-\ :-\

Saturday 22nd May 2010

Today the 22nd of May 2010 can only be described as one step for man and one giant leap for BC's shed since well since started it has finally been moved to it resting place at the bottom of the garden ;) ;)

The build started on Monday 17th August 2009

That is

•  
  • 279 days

• 9 months 6 days

• 24,105,600 seconds

• 401,760 minutes

• 6,696 hours

• 39 weeks

A wee dram or two will be needed tonight ;) ;)

The various pieces of wood for the temporay shack have now been stored in the wood shed for future projects or for a bonfire and making potash for the veggie plot ;) ;) 

22052010004.jpg

And also some spare MDF etc in the Farmall A shed

22052010005.jpg

All in place now

22052010006.jpg

22052010007.jpg

It looks still quite a lot of space...maybe I have room for another shed for my next  wanted tractor...a Farmall Cub Cadet...should be space if take down sweet pea fence and get rid of the daffodil plot :-

05052010007.jpg

Your tractor good a very nice shed.

Texas

Thanks Bas although my Farmall A is started yearly and taken for a run up the hill road and back it has not been to a rally in years. time to take it to a local one at Milton of Crathes which is only 5 miles up the road. Make take the Nuffield out to that one this year two but need to get batteries sorted out.

Both doors need a bit of attention to fit correctly after the move. Dad now wishes he had held off making them until it was in the final spot. never mind a sure after a few days work he will get them fitting to his satisfaction ;) ;)

i recon your neighbours would love you plonking another shed on that daff plot bill, afterall, your entire back garden is sheds now, silly question this seen as you have already gone a fair way, but do you need any planning permissions for that lot??? i know 1 shed up to x size is ok, but that many??

Sunday 23rd May 2010

Well in between potting and pricking out stuff from the greenhouse I had to assist in lifting on and off the door with the tower bolts a  few times until dad was satisfied it was correctly fitted

First cut

23052010001.jpg

A tidy up with the Stanley plane

23052010002.jpg

I had dowel rod the same size as the stainless steel coach bolts but not the brass screw holes so he had to make and glue in his own.

23052010003.jpg

23052010004.jpg

Next back up to get if it fits better this time

23052010011.jpg

A gentle lift up with spade to see an equal cap across the top of the door and lintel

23052010012.jpg

He is now happy with the refit but the same procedure will have to be done next weekend with the other side

Back in shed for staining

23052010014.jpg

23052010013.jpg

Second coat of butinox on the inside of the door.

23052010.jpg

Covered up to save rain ingressing since well it will be next Saturday before any more gets done. I don't want him trying to hassle himself lifting that door by himself.

23052010015.jpg

Saturday 29th May 2010

The left hand side door with tower bolts now screwed back on and now fitting correctly

29052010002.jpg

Cutting in the top

29052010001.jpg

29052010003.jpg

Right hand side door now fits at the top...( there is a gap horizontally between the doors but that does not matter since I will be screwing on an aluminium bar on the RHS one once totally fitted)

29052010005.jpg

The door will now need to be cut in at the bottom but that will be a Sunday forenoon job ;) ;)

29052010004.jpg

nice job on the top part.. you did leave the door size too long on purpose for these alterations?

Been fitting a door myself yesterday evening.. took a good part of 2 hours before it neatly fitted with all the hanging and closing gear in place as well.. I am very happy that i have loads of powertools to help with the job.. 8) The way your dad works with the man powered tools, make me shudder to think of using just that..  :-\ Would take me up to 8 hours that way  :of 

although the steps in the process are basically the same!

aw bill you could have centered it on them slabs mate, thats a very poor finish position after all the work you dad put in  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All as per plans and permisiion Sean...the single axle traiiler had to fit in one side and a barrow had to pass on the other between the greenhouse ;) ;)

Archived