What is the total build cost of shed to date to the nearest £  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• £ 500 to £ 600
    • £ 601 to £ 700
    • £ 701 to £ 800
    • £ 801 to £ 900
    • £ 901 to £ 1,000

nice job bill how much was the thing for the power washer looks like a handy tool

The patio cleaner is good and quick Ben and came with the Karcher washer I bought at Costco a year or so ago when it was on offer.

Here it is from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=karcher power washers &x=11&y=22

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had a karcher pressure washer, it died within a year..... waste of £ that was!

Well Alex I speak of things as I find them and I swear by Karcher. I must have bought my first one in the mid 1990's and must have lasted for around a decade. The next one I bought was from Costco and well the only thing that went wrong was the high and low powered nozzle. A new nozzle would have done but they took the whole machine back (about a year old) having said that Costco do lifetime guarantees and refunded my money. I then bought this one which was on offer and touch wood have had no trouble with it.

You will always get a five o clock Friday machine in whatever product you buy.

we have (had) two Karcher pressure washers at our farm. One lasted over 15 years and is still running, although it is a bit out to date as it wont stop pumping when you have let go of the trigger. The newest one, is already 8 years old, but does it's job very well. We have a couple of different heads for it, of which one is a rotating head which waterbeam goes through nearly anything if held to close. It made a hole in my dads car when he held it too long on the same spot to close :laugh: , and it actually eats through concrete.. :of very powerful, but also very usable when you want to clean something quick. Cant say anything bad about those machines. ;D

we have (had) two Karcher pressure washers at our farm. One lasted over 15 years and is still running, although it is a bit out to date as it wont stop pumping when you have let go of the trigger. The newest one, is already 8 years old, but does it's job very well. We have a couple of different heads for it, of which one is a rotating head which waterbeam goes through nearly anything if held to close. It made a hole in my dads car when he held it too long on the same spot to close :laugh: , and it actually eats through concrete.. :of very powerful, but also very usable when you want to clean something quick. Cant say anything bad about those machines. ;D

They would not have been in business for the length of time they have been Will if there product was not good.

I think Alex must just have been unlucky with his :of :of

Good God Bill - I bet you pair up your socks meticulously......... :laugh:

We are veering a bit off topic here Jo but offcourse I do....haven't got time of a morning to spend sock searching ;D ;D

and keep a spreadsheet of their service length, times worn, value new, depcreiation, running repairs etc.

Is your middle name Sean Me Lordie  ??? ???

In Scotland we spell it as DEPRECIATION not depcreiation ;) ;)

It's the old that wins the new  ;D ;D

Saturday 3rd April 2010

Well dad was across before I got back from work at around 11.30 am and he was fitting at the second door stop he made.

03042010001.jpg

He had his old circular saw which must be 30 to 40 years old. Basically just a wooden bench with a single phase motor and a spindle driven by a rubber belt. Not as speedy as my one which is a direct drive and also has a tilt blade. In addition he has to sharpen his blade with a file whereas as mine has tungsten tips. But well he like to make work for himself...no use if a job doesn't last a long time ;) ;)

03042010002.jpg

Now almost complete and will soon be time to get the walls coated with emulsion paint.

03042010003.jpg

03042010004.jpg

Sunday 4th April 2010

Well Easter Sunday but time to move the shed a bit closer to its final resting place....about 6 odd feet only another 10 to 12 to go ;) ;) .

Need's to be shifted over to get the small single axle trailer out to go to the quarry  accross the Dee at CHAP's quarry for sand and  pea crate and also B&Q for cement to get the bund pad done inside the existing shelter.

Me think's the shed is heavier than we imagined and well the first lifting stick broke  >:( >:(

It had to be raised up to get the pipe rollers in

04042010001.jpg

04042010002.jpg

04042010003.jpg

04042010004.jpg

04042010005.jpg

04042010006.jpg

I had to dig out my flying suit today ideal for crawling about on wet slabs and chuckies as I inserted rollers and raked out chuckies

04042010012.jpg

Just a little levelling to be done at door end

04042010013.jpg

04042010014.jpg

2nd coat of butinox on one half of doors

04042010015.jpg

04042010016.jpg

Alright I have a QUESTION to ASK

Something went drastically wrong when my dad and me moved the shed today

Can anyone tell me what happened between REPLY 363 photo's 3 and 4

AND

Reply 365 photo's 3 and 4 and 5.

Now any member is entitled to have a guess and there will be prizes but I'm expecting two members who have an extremely good attention to detail to get this right.

The two are

Iain Cheeseman  aka ( Tool box Tam ) and Mike Robinson aka ( robbo )

I don't know whether it has "gone wrong" Bill but in #363 there is a gap at the top of the right hand door but it has closed up in reply 365

i'd say two things went a-stray.. first off, the right corner of your shed went a bit down so your door got stuck. You already fixed this with filling it up to make it level again. There is a simple reason why this happened. It's called gravity  :P  The weight of the structure makes it go downwards until it cant go any further due to either finding solid ground or due to sturdiness of the structure it self. I place windowframes and doorframes on a daily bases and this happens a lot. Is quite easily fixed though. If the structure had a similar frame as your doors, it wouldnt have gone that far down, but it is impossible to make that of wood without making the doorgap smaller  ;)  as there would be a cross in the middle of it  :P

Second is of course going a bit crooked moving it. This is most likely the result of force projected not in the middle of the building, but could also have occured by using pipes of different dimensions. But also this is relatively easily fixed by using a large lever(like your dad holds in one of the pictures)and moving the structure sideways.

anyways.. get a move on with your paint and finalise this everlasting project, so you can start with your next one.. a showshed for your collection of miniatures  ;)

looking at the angle i would say you dropped it of the rollers? ??? onto the chippings

Well Sean we had to angle it over closer to the garage side to get the small trailer out plus that will be roughly where it will finish up but 12 or so feet further back. We did have chuckie problems i.e. on the slabs and under the main bearers and rollers

I don't know whether it has "gone wrong" Bill but in #363 there is a gap at the top of the right hand door but it has closed up in reply 365

Well spotted Mike. Basically the door without the tower bolts dropped as the shed was moved from a level base to an unlevel one. I left dad to the leveling and got on with sweet pea planting. Before very long in he came to the garage declaring the door had gone back. So all in all everything was fine. ;D ;D

Instead of a straight line  roll , it appears you  managed to slew it as it moved  ,  a fair bit towards  your house , then had to lever it back over again  .

Well Iain it had to move closer to the garage and initially in one of the first pictures I angled the roller to do this. Dad then decided better to do a straight roll and then lever across. Once the rollers were in dad kinda levered the shed with that stick whilst I shoulder pushed the shed.By lifting and levering over the shed had a tendency to go to the left anyway. Heaven knows the total weight but it is amazing what two folk can move with a lever and rollers.

i'd say two things went a-stray.. first off, the right corner of your shed went a bit down so your door got stuck. You already fixed this with filling it up to make it level again. There is a simple reason why this happened. It's called gravity  :P  The weight of the structure makes it go downwards until it cant go any further due to either finding solid ground or due to sturdiness of the structure it self. I place windowframes and doorframes on a daily bases and this happens a lot. Is quite easily fixed though. If the structure had a similar frame as your doors, it wouldnt have gone that far down, but it is impossible to make that of wood without making the doorgap smaller  ;)  as there would be a cross in the middle of it  :P

Second is of course going a bit crooked moving it. This is most likely the result of force projected not in the middle of the building, but could also have occured by using pipes of different dimensions. But also this is relatively easily fixed by using a large lever(like your dad holds in one of the pictures)and moving the structure sideways.

anyways.. get a move on with your paint and finalise this everlasting project, so you can start with your next one.. a showshed for your collection of miniatures  ;)

Well done Will but I should have excluded you given that you are a joiner ;) ;)

Archived