Spalding Show April 2010

robbo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great Saturday afternoon at Ferguson Manor (aka Histon Produce) and enjoyed driving Hattie, thanks Marky.  The evening meal at the Springfield Inn (formerley Gardeners Arms) was excellent: good food, well-cooked and nicely presented and very good portions.  If I had ordered the mixed grill I doubt I could have managed half of it! 

I think I spent more time on the FTF stand on Sunday than I did touring the show, but being there meant I met a huge number of members, old new, and others I have not met before. (Sorry, folks I cannot remember all your names but it was great talking to you all). In the end I actually bought very little and what I did buy was from Mandy! 

The stand certainly was getting a lot of attention: the position in the main hall was excellent as it was visible the moment you entered.  The Model Farmer magazine was attracting a lot of attention and long may it continue.

Got home, eventually, tired but happy.  "Eventually" because I had a warning light appear on my dashboard when I had gone 30 odd miles and I had to find somewhere to stop in order to discover the reason.  I ended up trying to find some "local services" in a small town.  Didn't find any service did find a car park.  The warning turned out to be emission control failure (Sean WHY did you talk about your emission control warning light on Saturday?).

I was too late to collect my dog from the kennels on the way home but I shall get her this  morning before I call the garage to sort out my car problem. 

that wasnt me talking about emission control on sat night aunty sue, that was onions neils  honest ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

was a great weekend overall, few surprises from andy like that hard copy he kept very quiet ,pretty good trip home to, the new sat nav worked really well and took us away from all the traffic jams on the a1m and m1, so despite going the same way as you sue milton keynes etc it only took 10 mins longer than when we came up so spot on

What were the prototypes on the FTF stand?

we had the britains 7480 in its last prototype form before production inc its new hitch and the new jcb tractor, pretty much a new decal job on that one from what we could see

i know marky took a lot of pictures on the mf for sure

very very good mate, ok it was all plastic and black, but the detailings very very good,new hitch is a huge improvement, and despite the front one having the weights pinned in( its a toy afterall) with very little work they can be made removable and a working front hitch to with minor filing etc

i ment to say we also had the prototype pics of the forth coming case 1056 and 956 there to, and that looks even better sure we got pics of them so they will get posted up

i ment to say we also had the prototype pictures of the forth coming case 1056 and 956 there to

Those looked very promising, even at this early stage, I will look forward to them  :D

It appeared the 956 will be an International, and the 1056 will be the later CaseInternational version with the later nose, so lots of future possibilities for both Britains and the conversion enthusiasts  :) .

Holly cow that was an enjoyable show  ;) Totally shattering and I still haven't unloaded the van  :-[

Great as always to meet up with you all..That Spalding cider was horrid  ;)

I was surprised to hear numbers were down as we had a great show....we had our best show yet  ;)

Chloe was totalled stunned by it all and how many fellow weirdos there are out there  ;D But she wanted me to thank you all for all being so friendly  :-X Shame I never see any of that  ;D

Love you all  :-*

The new MF in my opinion will be of similar detail and build to the 20/30 series Deeres but with better tyres and the new hitch. The prototype had a resin cast hitch but the new one is to be diecast and similar to the Siku one. The International and the Case both look great at this stage. Both get fantastic engine detail and even the tyres are perfect with the shoulder lugs inbetween the cleats.

Definitely the best one i've attended yet. From the scenic drive down across the Humber Bridge on the way down and the variety of machinery I saw ( 40 series Ford based Chafer self propelled sprayer near Louth being the most interesting ) and all the friendly enthusiastic members both myself and Mum and Dad met at the show itself to the fact my mother still won't shut up about her experiences this morning. She's already decided my Blackline Fastrac is hers and is looking forward to the next one...........what have I done. :D 

Holly cow that was an enjoyable show  ;) Totally shattering and I still haven't unloaded the van  :-[

I was surprised to hear numbers were down as we had a great show....we had our best show yet  ;)

Chloe was totalled stunned by it all and how many fellow weirdos there are out there  ;D But she wanted me to thank you all for all being so friendly  :-X Shame I never see any of that  ;D

Thats rich    I count myself as a non wierdo      and the combine is a nice bit of kit    just be carefull of the unloader auger    a bit stiff in opperation

Good to see you though

Regards Scott

is that ford chafer sprayer on the wolds david

Wasn't a 7840 by any chance? I know of that one working in that area

It did look like a six cylinder base tractor, a white roofed example. It was working in a field towards the end of the A18. Very impressive looking machine never seen one of those Chafers on a power unit as modern as that.

so she thought she had found the only weirdo ;D  with you.

good show tho, not to bad for me, spalding last april was my 1st show and I did feel that more people came through the door.....I think if the weather had been pants, more would have come this time, many were stuck at work I would think

that wasnt me talking about emission control on sat night aunty sue, that was onions neils  honest ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

was a great weekend overall, few surprises from andy like that hard copy he kept very quiet ,pretty good trip home to, the new sat nav worked really well and took us away from all the traffic jams on the a1m and m1, so despite going the same way as you sue milton keynes etc it only took 10 mins longer than when we came up so spot on

Sorry Sean for blaming you.  It was Saturday afternoon at Marky's so I think it may have been Mike.  Anyhow car is now at the garage as I am also losing acceleration just before the light re-appears.  Drive-by-wire with on board computers can be a pain - my first car was a Triumph Herald and I could do running repairs myself! 

I knew about the hard-copy mag in advance but knowing and seeing are two different things.  I was very impressed.

Because I had to find somewhere to park up my SatNav rerouted me and I ended up on the northerly route via my bête-noir, Northampton, rather than round Milton Keynes as planned but I negotiated the ring road without missing a turn!  The only thing that made me much later than I intended was the enforced stop as I had no traffic jams until the exit for the A34 and that was only a slow-down because of the lights.

I really hate driving round Northampton.  >:(

mm tris, all day you looked at those pictures, and on one it was 1056 on the other a 956 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  i wonder did that cotton wool pint make your brain a tad fried ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well I can say now that it is out in the open that I have known for some time about the intys as I arranged for the photo's of the black and red cab to be taken    Was well keen on this model    shall look forwards to the real thing

Well I can say now that it is out in the open that I have known for some time about the intys as I arranged for the photo's of the black and red cab to be taken    Was well keen on this model    shall look forwards to the real thing

Oh, that must have been you I was standing next to the the FTF stand when you said you recognised the tractor and the car in the background and you were standing behind it when the picture was taken ;) ;)

lovely  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  i hope this could be followed up in one f the magasines like our ezine

the process of how RC2/britains photos and takes measurements then makes a model

from photo to toy it would be "inter"esting    L.O.L