Britains New Hitch - Progress

Andy

Well we have been discussing the dire state of the the current Britains / RC2 hitch for a few years now. Even on the FTF 7000 set with the cultivator, we showed it was pretty much unusable. It also seems to be the main source of many collector's bad feeling towards current Britains models.

We were given hope that a new hitch would be developed to resolve this issues, and until now we were unsure as to whether this was simply wishful thininking or would actually be put into action!

I am happy to report that I was sent a file this morning that shows the new "diecast" hitch working on a model. It certainly looks very encouraging and is hopefully what everyone has been waiting for.  :)

I will post updates as to its progress in this topic, as soon as I get anything. I'm sworn to secrecy on any other details at the moment but Craig felt I should at least give FTF'ers a firm glimmer of hope that a new hitch is well on its way and is a lot closer to being in production than people may have thought.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even by being diecast it sounds like a serious attempt to cure the problem once and for all. It will be interesting to see sales figures for the first toy to feature said hitch.

indeed Tris, the hitch has put many off :( , this could be a good turning point for them!

i remember some older models had a 'diecast' hitch, the Merc and unimogs did from memory :-\ :-\

I for one hope that the hitch will incorporate the pick-up type drawbar hitch as the old diecast ones were and that 'orrible' useless swinging oversize ring will be a thing of the past.

indeed Tris, the hitch has put many off :( , this could be a good turning point for them!

i remember some older models had a 'diecast' hitch, the Merc and unimogs did from memory :-\ :-\

the mb trac has a great diecast hitch also the mf 135 had a good hitch.

Texas

• 3 months later...

very nice work there britains

will this new hitch be on the new countys andy  ???

Unfortunately it wont make it on to the County's done this year as the tooling is taken from the existing items already produced for the old hitch.

I believe its diecast, as initial plans were to have it in diecast. Unless its changed in the development line. Please also be reminded that is it is you guys of FTF who have forced this change through after feedback submission at the FTF Britains meetings. So pat yourselves on the back :) It is a certainty and confirmed by Craig that the old hitch would not have been replaced without the batterings they recieved from FTF'ers.