Manu S IH 1455XL finished,sorry Sean

Well I got this in August,just did a wee bit at a time,I don't have a work bench,so I need to use a bit of the kitchen worktop,then stick all the bits back in box's so I can make my tea ::) ,right this is a tricky model to build,the instructions are minimal to say the least I'll put up the instruction at the bottom,my kit comprised 52 parts,but to get the extra detail I got I had to make another 42 parts,in the photo in the kit there are front mudguards,mine had none,I put wee yellow/red X's on the pictures to indicate the parts I made,enough gibberish,here are the photo's

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

ManuSinstructions1.jpg

ManuSinstructions2.jpg

Any questions,just ask,or PM me

Regards

Joe

PS see if you can spot any flaws,there are a few  :-[

• Like 1

Love the instructions..... :D

Very nice job on that model Joe,...looks pretty damn good to me. Takes me back to my  work experience week at school, the farm next door had one of these beasts and I got to drive it,.....albeit just across the yard, ...highlight of the week that was. ;D

Very nice job on that model Joe,...looks pretty damn good to me. Takes me back to my  work experience week at school, the farm next door had one of these beasts and I got to drive it,.....albeit just across the yard, ...highlight of the week that was. ;D

Aye the instructions are, ??? ??? helpful  ::)

I remember the first,and only one I saw Royal Highland show I think,the thing that struck me about it was the " bending glass ",there's a flexible seam in the side window's,I tried to show that on the model,don't think you can see it in these photo's,might try doing that tommorrow,

Thank you,

Joe.

Where did that picture come from,I never put it there,but it does show the seam in the window,if it's still there  ???

great job of a lovely tractor.

I used to drive one, loved every hour spent on it even the leaking roof hatch, there was a knack to using the clutch, because it was an oil turbine clutch ideally the clutch pedal should only be pressed on tickover otherwise it would wear very quikly.

in my opinion it pulled as well if not better than a JD 4755 i drove.

I thought the driver looked familiar!!!! ;D

Forgot to say - a lovely model!

Hi archbarch,just the man,what the heck is the big lever on the left hand side of the steering wheel,I'm guessing,seeing as it's on the left that it's a hand clutch !!

would that be right,

Regards

Joe.

Hi Joe, yes it is the clutch for the pto, the lever to select the pto was behind the seat to the right, which was an awkward procedure, however the tractor made up for little niggles like that in many other ways.

Just the sound of the engine was lovely and looking down the bonnet over that grill  was a nice view.

I thought the driver looked familiar!!!! ;D

Forgot to say - a lovely model!

Cheers Jo,and thanks archbarch,you just made me realise,one of my photo's is missing

I took pictures of the levers on the right at the back of the seat,here it is

3.jpg

Photobucket took a dive,just as I was uploading these yesterday,

Regards

Joe.

Cheers Jo,and thanks archbarch,you just made me realise,one of my photo's is missing

I took pictures of the levers on the right at the back of the seat,here it is

3.jpg

Photobucket took a dive,just as I was uploading these yesterday,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe - I can now see from that view that it's NOT my brother!

• 1 month later...