A ploeger is born!!

is that really all it got 150 quid,thats not a lot really for a model of that standard,and given the fact i havn't seen any others made before

i'm sure we will see copies soon :-\ ::)

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that really all it got 150 quid,thats not a lot really for a model of that standard,and given the fact i havn't seen any others made before

I was surprised to be honest, but thats around what they are going for anyway and I know that one has gone to a good home.  ;)

its amazing to watch the lorries come and go all the peas in my area go to great yarmouth to the massive birdseye plant they had 5 viners in the field the other day i ment to take a pic but forgot.  ::) ::)::) ::) (by the pics of my 6480 prob best i didnt as im not much of a photographer)

Correct... unfortunately i couldn't get any decent wheels that were the right size both widthways and diameter, so I stuck with the original ones from the axle which were near enough the right diameter but a bit too narrow.  :)

I've had to loose some of the other detail on the machine to make it work from a moulding perspective also.  :)

Where are you based Sipher??

Lincolnshire, we have it all along the reclamed land from the sea, on the coast.  Have you done much vinneing. 

I think the farm that has the 6 PMC harvests 10,000 acres of peas.

Have you conisdered making the bean heading for the ploeger?

Lincolnshire, we have it all along the reclamed land from the sea, on the coast.  Have you done much vinneing. 

I think the farm that has the 6 PMC harvests 10,000 acres of peas.

Have you conisdered making the bean heading for the ploeger?

I've not done any vining, I'm not from a farming backround believe it or not!!

Any pics of a bean header??

Swath them and then pick them up with a combine is it. ???

Neighbour's had these last year but the field was 10 miles away so didn't see them.

All I do know is that my other neighbour was delighted as he got a full day out of it bringing them to the processing plant with a DX 6.61.  ;D ;D

Swath them and then pick them up with a combine is it. ???

Neighbour's had these last year but the field was 10 miles away so didn't see them.

All I do know is that my other neighbour was delighted as he got a full day out of it bringing them to the processing plant with a DX 6.61.  ;D ;D

You can direct cut fields beans with a combine but only when they are dead and at the ball bearing stage of seed hardness, these ones tend to go for protein feeds. The vining ones are cut green and go off for human consumption as Broad Beans

They are cut by combine around here too, they go for feed as far as I know...... some beans are swathed when green and then harvested directly after by machines such as the ploeger using its normal header.

They are cut by combine around here too, they go for feed as far as I know...... some beans are swathed when green and then harvested directly after by machines such as the ploeger using its normal header.

Yeah that is right, dried beans are heavy as well, i burnt out the unloading auger belt on our Lexion with a full tank on them. Swathed ones would be the Broad Beans, i love combining the things though, so easy and you can go like hell with them  ;D:D :D

sure they cut a crop one year on the farm using a combine,for animal feed i think,only year they did grow them though,as they lost money on them apparentlly