Massey Boy's Farming pictures 2010 UPDATED(09/02/11)

Massey Boy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice pictures cerin i like the combine

Thanks Jack

Yeah good old machine!

remarkable pictures Cerin... I've not seen anyone carting with a 5t dumper before either  :of :of

Thanks Marky, its all he has he said he dosnt need anything bigger as its his only field so that will do fine  ;)

Great pictures Cerin,................have a word with the ploughman and get him to set the plough up  properly.......... ;) ;)

Thanks unk

Typical dairy farmers dosnt know how to use a plough  ;D

Now one of the bigger farms in cornwall..

45868_1256522591816_1792142304_498148_1990096_n.jpg

45095_1256522871823_1792142304_498150_6065946_n.jpg

45095_1256522911824_1792142304_498151_1813571_n.jpg

45095_1256522951825_1792142304_498152_1797904_n.jpg

46010_1256523231832_1792142304_498154_5522077_n.jpg

46010_1256523271833_1792142304_498155_3042224_n.jpg

some absolutly superb photographs there Cerin.. I love the JD emerging from the gateway... the Class combine shot looking down the wheat... you really to have an eye for a great photograph mate.. thanks for sharing.

You've found a fairly motley collection of trailers used on carting duties mate.. I guess it's a case of use what you can when you are farming on a small scale  :-\  ... it's nearly all 14 tonners around our way now... with the odd 12t

:)  ive enjoyed my wee tour round cornwall Cerin  thank you very much......cool pictures .....in fact better than just cool, some very arty atmoshperic ones too.

weird though, even though the guys were on field work with the tatties in Feb, your silage wasnt any earlier than ours..........quite a lot of grain growing your way too considering the wet west reputation, I know you are a long way south of me but with our wee corner having the gulf stream influence we`re very wet.

must try to get some shots of my odd selection of kit too

Brilliant!!! Loads to look at mate, thanks for the effort behind the camera to bring all these photos. Nice little Deutz ploughing. I must comment on the chap with the little Marshall dumper though, as you say it is just the one field he has - I just hope he isn't too light footed on the clutch!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like the shot of the Lambo going up the lane  ;):) Oh and I assume the Claas Montana has a full set of reverse treds as they have rotated all the wheels to get the width down ?

• 1 month later...

some  absolutly superb photographs there Cerin.. I love the JD emerging from  the gateway... the Class combine shot looking down the wheat... you  really to have an eye for a great photograph mate.. thanks for sharing.

You've  found a fairly motley collection of trailers used on carting duties  mate.. I guess it's a case of use what you can when you are farming on a  small scale  :-\  ... it's nearly all 14 tonners around our way now... with the odd 12t

Thanks very much Marky

Yeah theres all sorts of trailers round here, like you said some are  from just small farmers who dont need bigger trailer so they use what  they got!

:)    ive enjoyed my wee tour round cornwall Cerin  thank you very  much......cool pictures .....in fact better than just cool, some very  arty atmoshperic ones too.

weird though, even though the guys were on field work with the tatties  in Feb, your silage wasnt any earlier than ours..........quite a lot of  grain growing your way too considering the wet west reputation, I know  you are a long way south of me but with our wee corner having the gulf  stream influence we`re very wet.

must try to get some shots of my odd selection of kit too

Thanks very much Jake

Yeah every one thinks cornwall to be all dairy, but theres just about everything here!

Spud planting can start any time as early as december and most the big  potatoe farms are still planting when they start havesting end of march  earlyiest or april!

Some lovely shots of all kinds of tackle. And oh shots with a difference the overhead bridge ones ;) ;)

Thanks Bill

more nice pictures there cerin i like the spud harvesting pictures  :)

Cheers Jack didnt catch much of spuds this year everyones just about finished now!

nice pictures cerin , but the silage would be more apt with the naration of  'some haylage !' looks well dry , especially on the pit !

that must gave been a nightmare to chop !

Cheers Marcus

Yeah was a bit on the dry side but seemed to chop well enough

Nice to see another Deutz combine there Cerin ;) 

Yep bloody good machine, you go and look at all the field where the new john deeres and claas's have been across them and theres alot of re growth where the straw drams were! With the deutz theres only a line where the tank was leaking  ;D thats fixed now though

Smashing collection of photographs Cerin, great to see such a variety of tasks being carried out. :)

Thanks very much David

Brilliant!!! Loads to look at mate, thanks for the effort behind the camera to bring all these photos. Nice little Deutz ploughing. I must comment on the chap with the little Marshall dumper though, as you say it is just the one field he has - I just hope he isn't too light footed on the clutch!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like the shot of the Lambo going up the lane  ;):) Oh and I assume the Claas Montana has a full set of reverse treds as they have rotated all the wheels to get the width down ?

Thanks very much Tris

And yep the Claas's wheels are like that to make it narrow and i was told it gets more grip on steap feilds? cant seen any sence in that

• 3 months later...