Larkton House Farm

hody21

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing our dad prefers the 399 to the 5455s  ;)  :D  our one in college doesn't squeal  :-\  is it hydraulic clutch or manual linkage ones ??? as the one in college is hydraulic and has the t bar gearbox  :-\

He used the 399 as it was already set up for the fert spreader. I'm not sure whether its a hydraulic or manual linkage, Ive driven it and the noise drives you mad, as soon as the clutch is under load it makes a terrible moan/screechy noise.

Thanks for everybodys great replies. Since these photos were taken the nut bin (in the photo with the Mf 5445 and West spreader) has been replaced with a new Collinson one with a new auger to the parlour. I will try to get up and take more pics soon. Also in the not to distant future a new cubicle shed is being built to nearly double the herd, I hope to take a photo diary of its build from the groundworks up until the cows move into there new home.

I popped along to dads farm today whilst on a day off from work. He wasnt at the farm so I knew he would be down one of the fields. I could see one of the 5445s was missing so I new he would probably be rolling or harrowing whilst it was dry. I found him as he was just starting one of the fields.

DadRolling002.jpg

DadRolling001.jpg

DadRolling003.jpg

DadRolling004.jpg

I was unable to get up to photo the instalation of the new nut bin but managed to snap these pics as I waited for dad to arrive back at the farm.

The old nut bin (behind the Massey)

photobucket032-1.jpg

And the new one, made by Collinson and holds 19 tonne

DadRolling014.jpg

DadRolling013.jpg

DadRolling015.jpg

smashing pictures as usual... many thanks for the update...

That 5445 in the cab shot looks like a 4 speed, speedshift box... I can't see the electronic shuttle by the steering wheel either... does it have a shuttle lever ???

No problem mate, I'm glad people like them. It does have the shuttle but its pushed right forward and obscured by the cab frame.

• 1 month later...

A bit of an update...

Dad got a phone call on Sunday afternoon from my uncle asking if he would mind doing a bit of rotorvating for him as his son had to go and do a spot of relief milking, and as one of the rotorvators was hired in he didn't want it stood idle. I went along with him and captured the action on camera.

First up the two tractors for the day, my dad is on the Case and my uncle is on his Deere.

garystractors014.jpg

garystractors013.jpg

garystractors022.jpg

garystractors019.jpg

Smurf needs to see that Laverda, he'll wet himself with excitement!!

Not many 7600's to the dozen any more, looks like she is in good nick too albeit in need of tyres. Nice seedbed they have got there, do you know what will be planted?

Archived