Larkton House Farm

hody21

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smurf needs to see that Laverda, he'll wet himself with excitement!!

Not many 7600's to the dozen any more, looks like she is in good nick too albeit in need of tyres. Nice seedbed they have got there, do you know what will be planted?

The Deere has done a few hours but yes it is very tidy, he is just like my dad and really looks after his kit. They were going to plant maize in Monday morning so there was a bit of a rush to get the field finished.

• 4 weeks later...

A little update for you all, Dad has started first cut silage this afternoon so I popped along with my camera. As I arrived he had already finished the two fields that they had planned to do as there was very little grass so I only managed a couple of pics :( , never mind as there is always tomorow.

dadsilage1stcutmay2010060.jpg

dadsilage1stcutmay2010062.jpg

Whilst talking to my dad he mentioned that next doors farm had also started mowing off so I headed to find them as I have no pictures of them working. I knew he had a tractor that you dont see very much of so I was hoping they would be using it.

dadsilage1stcutmay2010054.jpg

dadsilage1stcutmay2010050.jpg

dadsilage1stcutmay2010042.jpg

dadsilage1stcutmay2010048.jpg

Thats all for now as I couldnt seem to be able to take any decent photos due to the strong sun so some more practice is needed. I have a bit of time off this week so if the weather stays good I will be out and about snapping more photos for you all.

Some smashing shots there, again!!! Quite right too, not a tractor we see much of up in Wiltshire. Mores he pity from what I hear of the SDF group of tractors. Nice bit of grass being knocked over too. I hope we see some more from your Dads place, they are never anything but a joy to see  :) :)

Some smashing shots there, again!!! Quite right too, not a tractor we see much of up in Wiltshire. Mores he pity from what I hear of the SDF group of tractors. Nice bit of grass being knocked over too. I hope we see some more from your Dads place, they are never anything but a joy to see  :) :)

Thanks for your kind comments. We have had three dealers set up in our area ( within a forty mile radius ) selling both Deutz and Same and they are all really pushing the brands, the Same in the previous pics replaced a JD as the main tractors and he hasnt a bad word to say about them infact he is planning on going all Same eventually.

Managed to get some more pics of my dads neighbour in action today as dad has finished mowing for now as they are waiting for the grass to Wilt a little while before they pick up.

dadsilage1stcutmay2010002.jpg

dadsilage1stcutmay2010004.jpg

Made me chuckle to my self.

dadsilage1stcutmay2010005.jpg

• 1 month later...

dadsilage20102ndcut017.jpg

dadsilage20102ndcut019.jpg

dadsilage20102ndcut015.jpg

dadsilage20102ndcut016.jpg

Hopefully the builders will start the new cubicle shed soon as planning has finally been granted, all the earthworks will start soon and I hope to do some sort of photo diary from start to finish.

Lovely photo's matey. Such a nice hilly area to spend a day with the camera. It's a fine fleet of machinery where your dad works and I think it is seeing the older 300 series I like the most. Especially on the JF  8)

• 2 weeks later...

Me and dad went to gandm`s open day yesterday and on the way back stopped and had a look around Cheffins sale ground to see what was on offer. My trusty camera was with me so I took a few (hundred) photos for you all to see. I thought this would be the best place to put them so here goes....

Tractors063.jpg

Tractors064.jpg

Tractors065.jpg

Tractors066.jpg

Archived