Larkton House Farm

hody21

that will make the poor old 5445 grunt mate..... I suspect she only wants 3 really  :-\

what ? 5445 ? you telling me that that 100hp tractor cant handle an extra furrow ?

i used to plough with a 690 with 4 furrows ? any way got the 399 to use  :)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what ? 5445 ? you telling me that that 100hp tractor cant handle an extra furrow ?

i used to plough with a 690 with 4 furrows ? any way got the 399 to use  :)

Dad believes the 5445 would easily manage another furrow. They have always been on the look out for one but they don't seem to come up very often.

i use to plough with a dowswell 4 f behind my mf 390 on steep ground all the time . the one we had on demo had plastic mould boards but the boss bought one with metal mould boards on so had to have a rear ram fitted. and loads of weight on the front.

great pictures by the way. love the 550 and its in good nick too.

lord ferguson running a massey down .. whats the world comming to ;D

May I draw your attention to the additional phrase I added to say "Lovely tractor"  ;)  :-*  :D :D  .. actually... now I've had my dyna box for a year or so I've realised quite how horrible that speedshifter box really is  :-[

• 5 months later...

Well, long time no post. I thought I had better update Larkton house farm a little.

In some of the earlier pictures the ground works are well under way for the new cubicle shed, below are a few pictures of its construction.

NewShed007.jpg

NewShed006.jpg

NewShed005.jpg

NewShed004.jpg

NewShed003.jpg

Loads more pictures to come when I get the photo cd of my dads boss.

• 6 months later...

I thought I should update my topic a little for you all. Things are a little different this year as the Mf 399 has been relegated to the mower and the Mf 5445 has had a go with the forager to see how it would perform. Any questions then please fire away.

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

The first and second shot in your first post and the first shot in your second post are all brilliant! Lovely crisp, clean photos of some lovely crisp, clean kit.  8) 8)

Thanks Tris, But I cant take the credit for the photos. My sister took them on her new Nicon SLR camera. I am usualy at work when the photos are taken.

Archived