What did you buy at Spalding Model Tractor Show?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my haul from Spalding today, I spoke too Tris, Sean, Andy and Sue today but I missed Marky, Mandy and anyone else, will catch up in Oct ;)  sorry if I came across as a bit vague chaps, but I am painfully shy. The FTF Polo shirt is super quality and fits perfect, the model farmer mag I have yet to read (bedtime reading in peace) but a quick thumb through it looks TOPS. As always a very good if very expensive day out, even my dad put his hand in his pocket for a show tractor.

post-188-132639273726_thumb.jpg

Sorry I missed you James.. I must have been on one of my many walkabouts  :-[ ...

For me today... I'll whisper this so the boss doesn't hear me...

Model Farmer Magazine... which just happens to be bloody brilliant in print by the way...

20 or so MF brochures.. nothing super rare really... but some more gaps filled in the collection  ;D

Ah... well.... an MF1200 from Classic Combines

An MF 21 industrial trailer with full road kit and old school decals in 1:16 scale also by classic combines (impulse buy.. I just love Andy Sewels stuff  :-[  )

A DBP MF375 (Portrush show special... thanks big Al and Dave)

and finally a DBP 390H (..ighways) in 2wd

All in all... a blinding day and, as usual, great to catch up with all my friends.. and meet news ones too  :-*

nick: tw35 cab mf595 floor pan roll bar exhaust from dave towse

ropa beet harvester (BEAST!!!!!) bargain £60 from walter reiff.

will put photos up later!

goon: enough bits from dave towse to rebuild a MF26/3680 haha, got a shawnee dump trailer in the post today too!

how much are the FTF polos?!

nick & goon

Well here we are...

A childhood toy - Britains New Holland TR85 Combine MIB though the box does want the cellophane fixing back in. A 12t ACE Trailers from Dan Dan the trailer man - it's bruddy gem of a trailer too. A Replicagri Kuhn powerharrow and my first DBP model, Ford 7610 Q cab 2wd. She is nothing short of stunning. Oh and of course, Model Farmer Magazine in hard copy  8)

post-227-13263927377_thumb.jpg

post-227-132639273808_thumb.jpg

Marky we must have passed like ships in the night  :-*;D  Nick the polo's are £10 and worth every penny beautiful fit (fruit of the loom) and they help identify us to fellow loons, Im going to wear mine in october so I might get to speak to a few more people.

This is my haul from Spalding today, I spoke too Tris, Sean, Andy and Sue today but I missed Marky, Mandy and anyone else, will catch up in Oct ;)  sorry if I came across as a bit vague chaps, but I am painfully shy. The FTF Polo shirt is super quality and fits perfect, the model farmer mag I have yet to read (bedtime reading in peace) but a quick thumb through it looks TOPS. As always a very good if very expensive day out, even my dad put his hand in his pocket for a show tractor.

Oh noooooooooooo... I missed Mr Marmite... you shoulda come to see us... we had Jaffa cakes too (okay October then) :'(

Nice items, hun :-*

UH ford 5000 don't get too exited Ive not converted to blue....i intend to use her for

parts i like the front Axel and rear wheels also the rear hitch i feel a IH coming on

very soon uuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm also scaldown AXEL and set of wheels

i bet u cant guess wot it is yet ha ha ha also another  classic tractor project a cab i picked up from Andy's dads stall darrrn i mended it in front of him and then paid asking price  ;D ;D ;D ;D wot a mug i am nahhhh very reasonable at the price i paid i must add

also some more things coming in the post 2010-2011 is going to be financially challenging

for me  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X nudge nudge wink wink 

post-15-132639273912_thumb.jpg

In no particular order these are the models I purchased from Spalding this year:

Toy Farmer Steiger Panther KM-325

Toy Farmer Steiger Super Wildcat II Industrial

Toy Farmer Co-op Implements Bearcat II

Toy Farmer Allis Chalmers AC-440

Ertl Massey Ferguson 4900

UH Massey Ferguson 1200

UH Massey Ferguson 590

UH Massey Ferguson 35X

UH Valtra Mezzo (Orange)

UH Challenger MT685C

UH Challenger MT675C

UH McCormick ZTX

UH Ford 5000 Pre Force

ROS New Holland T7070

ROS Fiat 180-90 with duals

ROS Same Iron 200

Wiking Fendt 936

Wiking Fendt 828

Wiking Deutz Agrotron TTV630

PDC Massey Ferguson 6190

PDC Massey Ferguson 6150

PDC Massey Ferguson 699

DBP Ford 8210 Bubble Cab with duals 4wd

DBP Ford 6610 Bubble Cab 4wd

Schuco MB-Trac 1800 Black

Schuco Fendt 211 Vario

Weise Fendt 824

Weise Fendt 615LSA

Siku JCB Fastrac 8250 Blackline

Siku JCB Fastrac 8250 Silver

Norscot Challenger MT765B

Britains Same Galaxy 170 M.I.B

I'll post much better close up photographs in due course of them all and write a few words about them too. In a nutshell though i'm not disapointed with any of the models I bought.

Here they are lined up on the dining room table tonight, just in need of a cross headed screwdriver to free some of them from their bases before they reside in their new home:

DSC06653.jpg 

quick list:

few show tractors!!!!!

waterloo edition 8345r

mf 590

2 cat 95e

nodet spreader

fiat 880 1-43

fendt 615 britains

toy farmer 1500 mf

2 schucco fendt 936 black 1-87

gamma dom

wiking deutz

wiking fendt 828

dbp 1184 tw

dbp 8100

and a few spares and repairs!!!!

nice to catch up with all the ftf members and congrats to andy on a great stall and prototypes, and well done tris on not spending to much!!!!!!

oh and mr f yes bought some red stuff ;) ;)

heck david thats some haul i must say

for me a

dave purdue 390h 2wd

britains orange 90-90 dual rears complete for the old stuff

2 backwards looking tractor drivers from mazza

complete old britains silage top so the deutz trailers now complete

10 spud boxes( :-*:-* :-*  marky)

dave twose 1200 dual wheels set

another version of a brouchure for the new future combine build

and a simply stunning mf10 baler from up north :D  love you john :-*:-

That's a fair haul there David....makes my purchasing at shows look tame in comparison ;) ;)

heck david thats some haul i must say

It's going to mean a little bit of rearranging takes place in my cabinets ( i'm going to view another second hand one on wednesday ) but i've no regrets Bill and Sean. I'd much rather have the model making skills of messrs. Purdue and Capon to show for my hard earned wages than a David Dickenson tan from sunning it abroad somewhere which would have probably cost me a whole lot more.  :)

what david, i dont belive that, has to be the models and the holiday for sure, not just one ;D ;D ;D 

Depends on what kind of models we're talking about I guess Sean. ;):D  I did have the whole weekend off for Spalding and it has been sunny for a change, that's enough for me. :)  The one and only time i've been abroad was for a fortnight in Faliraki 8 years ago. Forty degree heat did me in and that was before I erased the rest of my memory with Tequila Sunrise fish bowls. ;D