Harvest 2010

Smithy140

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D It was a nice sunny dry day here in central Scotland,so I did a bit of combine spotting,I saw a big Claas Lexion 580 Terra Trac with a 9 meter header,so I was going to start there,but saw this New Holland first

C1.jpg

Then the Claas

C2.jpg

C3.jpg

Then I headed over Andrews way

C4.jpg

C5.jpg

C6.jpg

Then.just over the road was these three older machine working,a 40 type MF and I think an Allis Chalmers,and an old John Deere

C7.jpg

Then I spotted this New Holland on the way home,I also saw an older TF 32? but could not get spotted on the narrow twisty road

C8.jpg

Regards

Joe.

They always used go sit up like that when I was carting. We used to heap them up high as we could. More than you can with wheat or barley which runs more.

We grow a lot of naked oats and they sit very high, Its something to do with the shape of the grain, thinner and less rounded I think.

We grow a lot of naked oats and they sit very high, Its something to do with the shape of the grain, thinner and less rounded I think.

Yeah they sit right up in the trailer, when we tip themup in our shed its sometimes a struggle to get them out as we use the elevator and they don't run out the trailer nice.

Some really lovely photo's from you chaps up north lately. I have to say, the Deere ones I find particularly nice as it isn't often a big John Deere combine is seen and when photos do appear, they are normally on large flat fields so it's nice to see one working some hillier ground.  :)

Some smashing harvest related photography being contributed in this thread of some very impressive machinery. I haven't been following the harvest trail recently due to other interests and hobbies taking over for the last week or so, however here's a Malcy_p inspired image I took not too long ago:

DSC08414-Copy-Copy.jpg

Combines Combines everywhere and not a pic to show, after laying awake last night listining to cutting going on all around, heard the last lot finish at around 11.30pm in the field opposite my workshop (how inconsiderate of them not to cut in the day), I though I would take a drive around and look at what was about, finishing work at 6.30 bolted dinner down and got in the car the sound of machinery was heavy in the air and the familar smell of cut wheat was in my nostrils, I could see the dust clouds everywhere and tractors were busying themselves back and forth at every turn but every combine and I counted 6 in the space of the 4 mile loop road on the edge of Raunds was not in  a field by the roadside, so lots and lots of activity but no pics >:( >:(  There are several very big fields which are still to be cut which are right by the roadside so I will get my pictures. Another disapointment over the bank holiday weekend was seeing a mint MF 760 cuting in a field near colsterworth, I was on the way back from the superbikes at Cadwell park and in the field just before you go down the dip and round the bend under the railway bridge was the combine, you would think going to watch the motorbike racing I would have my camera but no and to cap it my phone was flat aswell, so not even any crappy camera phone picks. I never seem to be able to get decent shots anyway even if I was virtually on the machine. :(  Some very nice and professional looking pics from you chaps though.  :D