imber models??????

jd6190rboy

does anyone know how far imber are going to go with their 40 serie's line up are they going to cover the hole range or just 4 cylinder models and are they going to produce new holland 40 series models if so that would be a collection in its own..... would be gratefull for some inlightenmemt.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

I guess we can only hope they are going to go the whole hog!! Judging by your name, like me you are also anticipating a 7840?

I'm wishing for a bog standard SL 4wd as that was the brand new arrival on a farm I worked on in '96 It arrived there in '95 I think, M reg.

• 3 weeks later...

i maybe wrong but doing a complete range may end up with an overkill and put alot of people off buying them, especially with so many brands being produced.

I know what you mean Simon, but I don't see it as a problem. I think the biggest issue with the 40 series is getting a new 6 cylinder casting done. So long as the casting is there, everything else is just decal changes [gear sticks & wheel equipment notwithstanding], so for our sakes and their own profits, Imber would be missing a trick not to capitalise on the desire for the right variant. It is also about building a reputation. Right now, Imber must be close on for having the best reputation for accuracy of individual variants..? Doing a decal change like some of the ones we've seen in the past, trying to create an entirely different range using nothing but stickers is one thing, but applying the different stickers of a single range and offering them for sale is surely a good thing...

I for one would love for the entire range to be replicated, from white tops through to run out NH liveried machines, but then I'm a Ford man...  ;) 

imber would prob need to go into the nh's to make the whole project viable to be honest, the set up costs must have been huge for a small company like them, with the rights / licenses etc to, if they have the cast of the 6 cylinders done ready for the next fords anyway then why not make them in nh's , all that will happen is someone else makes and sells the stickers otherwise for convos, and they will loose out after all that effort

It is a little strange the way theyve done it in fairness, im sure there'll be some models they'll find it hard to sell, like the industrial range, but id say when the 7840 range comes out they'll sell quicker than the uh 7810. Definitly THEE best model out there for the amount of detail for your money. But imo a less limited number of models and for instance one 4cylinder and one 6 cylinder of each blue and white roofs would be enough, even if they wanted to include different decals for each. Are they going to have blue roof fords as well as blue roof new hollands to really complete the set. But as long as they bring out the White roof 7840s its all im really worried about anyhow.

I don't expect to see the 78 for another year to be honest. The 77 will come first and I as I understand it, the 77 required casting changes and new wheels and tyres so won't just be a change for the factory printer, it will be a change for the production line too. I suppose the capital from each model goes some way to help pay for the next so I'd be surprised if there is an overlap of different models in production at the same time.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

IF i ever get an Imber tractor it will be a 7740 white top , even though it was a pig of a tractor to drive at the time , i went from a 7710 SQ with dual power to a 7740 without dual power , made silage that year bl00dy hard going  >:(

• 1 year later...

Yeah, Between IMBER & MARGE ,you would think they might be looking towards a FORD model that the bigger players like Britains & UH have not done yet. E.g 7710,8210,8100,7840 ,8340 & 3 cyl Ford 2000 up to 4610 etc.

Why are the model makers stepping on each others toes with the same FORDs .??

Nasty little tractors aren't they. We've a blue top 7740 at work,it's a tit of a thing.

IF i ever get an Imber tractor it will be a 7740 white top , even though it was a pig of a tractor to drive at the time , i went from a 7710 SQ with dual power to a 7740 without dual power , made silage that year bl00dy hard going  >:(

Archived