Britains Deutz Dx-6

canny_mal

Hi there.

This is my first post on here so please be gentle with me

I collected Britains for some 10 years or so when I was younger. Sadly I didn't keep any boxes except those belonging to the last 2 tractors I bought, one of which being the Deutz DX-6 Catalogue No 9524.

Having looked on ebay recently just out of interest to see what the going rate is thesedays for Britains models it would appear that the aforementioned Deutz DX6 is one of the most valuable and sought after.

Can anyone who knows the market for secondhand Britains models please......

a) Confirm whether I'm right in saying this

and

B) If this is indeed the case, explain why this model is so much more valuable than others produced around the same time and in equally good condition (either boxed or unboxed)

Many thanks

Mal

Mal

First off, welcome to Farm Toys Forum,

The Britains DX6 is one of the more sort after models today, mainly because it was only produced for around 2 years with relatively low production numbers.

I believe it did not sell too well initally so there were not vast production volumes unlike some of the other models around at the time, hence it is worth a great deal more than a ford 5610 boxed from the same period.

Im sure you will get more replies but hope that gives you a better idea!

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the information.

This forum is fantastic. I feel like a kid in a toy shop again! It has brought back so many memories already. I have now vowed to photograph every Britains item I have and possibly create a website to share my pictures with fellow collectors.

Welcome canny mal its nice to have another weirdo onboard  :D :D (its allright thats what i call everyone on here)  :D :D

As TBF has quite rightly pointed out watch out for for Marky Ferguson or Fordson as he is now better known  :D;)

keep hold of the DX its worth a few pennies  ;) ;) dont let anyone on here persuade you into letting it go  ;) I've just pm'd you by the way  ;):D;D my address is  :D;D

Welcome Canny mal.

Your right the 6.50 deutz is a valuble model. The single tractor i've seen on ebay from ?90.00 upto ?120.00

I bought one a while ago for ?93.00

I also have one unboxed which was part of a box set with a forager and tipping trailer. 

If i were you i'd hang on to it!

Pictured is mine

Deutx%206.50.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the information.

This forum is fantastic. I feel like a kid in a toy shop again! It has brought back so many memories already. I have now vowed to photograph every Britains item I have and possibly create a website to share my pictures with fellow collectors.

Hello Mal... as you can see I am quite normal  :D>:(:(:o8)::):P:-[:-X:-\ :-* :'(... indeed please ignore the warnings about my conduct on this wonderful forum... Welcome Indeed and please post the pictures on here for us all to see, enjoy and get insanely jealous over... don't forget to include your address, details of when you are on holiday, what your dog likes to eat and exactly where your models are located in the House... it's standard procedure - we like that sort of detailed information  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Mal... as you can see I am quite normal  :D>:(:(:o8)::):P:-[:-X:-\ :-* :'(... indeed please ignore the warnings about my conduct on this wonderful forum... Welcome Indeed and please post the pictures on here for us all to see, enjoy and get insanely jealous over... don't forget to include your address, details of when you are on holiday, what your dog likes to eat and exactly where your models are located in the House... it's standard procedure - we like that sort of detailed information  ;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Marky what a windie you are, now Mal Im one of the more stable members here, see I a Yank and we kind of give the forum some stablity since we live on the same planet as you....welcome to the community there are a great bunch of nutters here and at the same time knowledable about farm toys...I know hard to figure but true...anyway welcome...

• 3 months later...

welcome to the forum canny mal  :)

hope you enjoy yer time here & when i say time  it will soon fell like a prison sentance  as you'll be with us for life ho,ho,ho, i'm such a wag ::):-\ :-\ :-\

& yes the word was WAG marky  :D :D

sean whats with .....fbi.... what did i miss ?  apart from you lot :) :) :);)

Welcome Canny mal.

Your right the 6.50 deutz is a valuble model. The single tractor i've seen on ebay from ?90.00 upto ?120.00

I bought one a while ago for ?93.00

I also have one unboxed which was part of a box set with a forager and tipping trailer. 

If i were you i'd hang on to it!

Pictured is mine

Deutx%206.50.jpg

Welcome Im faily new to FTF - have been made welcome - and im also addicted to it!!

Ive sold two boxed DX6.50's one made ?110 and the other ?85 I sold a un boxed one for ?48 play worn.

It is correct that the model was made between 1990 - 92 but two versions were made 1990-1991 the tractor had steering but the steering wheel was not connected but in 1991-92 was fitted to a steering link and was given a chrome steering wheel.

hope this helps -