Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2011

Gav836

Found a local shop today and the owner didn't seem to know the value of his stock! Got these 3 items for £30, all I think are new releases. Like the Landi and Trailer, the Massey is solid with good cab detail for a Britains but a bit disappointed that the front hitch doesn't move  :(  Oh and the car is one of many I have found in 1:34 scale so near enough for me  ;D

Just wondering there Billy,is the Cab on that Britains Massey ment to fall back at the rear? I was going to buy one last month .But when i saw the top of the cab was not level,i tought it was damaged considering it was the last one on the shop self also. Is yours the same?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought this Merlo 30.9 to load the Terragator,I think the NH 170 was a bit to big,it was certainly to heavy for BigA's lovely Stewart twin axle lowloader at seventeen ton's,it's a really well detailled model,just wonder if it would take an eleven foot Albutt B511HX with flick off :-[

Merlo1.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Britains Shepherd with lamb - and his crook is excellent

Crescent man with spade actually digging - he has his foot on the spade rather than just lifting it

Britains Jersey Cow with Bell

Britains dairy man with yoke and pails

Pair of Woodland Scenics trees from Mandy's new collection

All from Shepton Mallet today. 

Just wondering there Billy,is the Cab on that Britains Massey ment to fall back at the rear? I was going to buy one last month .But when i saw the top of the cab was not level,i tought it was damaged considering it was the last one on the shop self also. Is yours the same?

Hi Justin, the cab does slope a little backwards, I took a side on picture to show you;

post-3151-132639823756_thumb.jpg

Hi Justin, the cab does slope a little backwards, I took a side on picture to show you;
Yeah yours looks better than the Massey i had seen that time last month. The Massey i had seen was damaged alright. Id say the mudguards were setting on the rear wheels. Just as well i never bought it. Britains are after improving there detail alot tough. I got a Case IH 1056XL during the week & its a very good model. A lot better than what i expected! The rear linkage on it is also a lot better than other prevous models from Britains. I found there linkages were set too far inwards beyond the rear wheels & attaching implements was a bit of a nightmare. Not on the Case IH tough!  Cheers thanks for that Billy.

Yeah yours looks better than the Massey i had seen that time last month. The Massey i had seen was damaged alright. Id say the mudguards were setting on the rear wheels. Just as well i never bought it. Britains are after improving there detail alot tough. I got a Case IH 1056XL during the week & its a very good model. A lot better than what i expected! The rear linkage on it is also a lot better than other prevous models from Britains. I found there linkages were set too far inwards beyond the rear wheels & attaching implements was a bit of a nightmare. Not on the Case IH tough!  Cheers thanks for that Billy.

The rear hitches are definitely better, I got the 956XL and it's a lot more sturdy. The MF 7480 does have a little better detail but the front hitch not moving is a little poor in my opinion, the other thing I have found is that the rear mudguard lights catch on the rear wheels (through the mudguard) and can stop the wheels turning.

also as a side note who has the right colour paint for Masseys, Britains or Universal Hobbies as the Britains one next to the UH ones looks a lot more of a dull red?

The rear hitches are definitely better, I got the 956XL and it's a lot more sturdy. The MF 7480 does have a little better detail but the front hitch not moving is a little poor in my opinion, the other thing I have found is that the rear mudguard lights catch on the rear wheels (through the mudguard) and can stop the wheels turning.

also as a side note who has the right colour paint for Masseys, Britains or Universal Hobbies as the Britains one next to the UH ones looks a lot more of a dull red?

Yeah id say UH have there red bang on in there Masseys. Ihave a UH 3080,135,1200 & 590 which look very well  indeed. The Siku MF 5455 i have has a very dull red & dont realy look well longside the UH models both in detail & colour.I also have a Britains MF 1505 which is good enough ,but the Britains MF 3680 is ageing a bit so its colour is going to be crap & as for its cab WHAT WERE THEY THINKING BACK THEN. :)IMG_0367.jpg

Aye Brian,at 1500 ton's they are a bit tricky fitting on a lowloader,but they do just that in Australia,for short hop's across the desert,I have a photo somewhere,but that might take some time to find,

Regards

Joe.

Well Mandy, after finding the Britains type it was instantly recognisable for what it is. Same scale/size as the Dinky lawnmower so quite big. I have never seen one of these barrows from Dinky either so thought it was worth a punt. Be interesting to know more about it and how rare it actually is.