Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2011

Gav836

well my new holland 8560 came today,and what a model,i posted in another topic about my all time favourite tractor model,well,change what i said,for this is the best model ive got or had,ever,£30.00 from g and m through ebay,and a dealer box,although im not bothered about the box,its very well made,full of detail,and of course all the different front weight or front links option,plus rear links and drawbar options as well,plus the double rear wheel option,i know imber do these options,not the double wheels,but since i dont have a ford imber,i cannot comment on them,the model travels well in the post without the use of ties or small fiddly screws,and although im going to convert it to a tm,i am going to get another just because i think its very very good,and i never drove a 8560,the roof looks fine to me as well,im going to check if somebody as rated and reviewed this model,if nobody has i will review it

Its nice alright. Ive the M160. Got it at theTractorWorld show in Fermoy. I was looking for the 8560 but they sold out pretty fast. I was too late so i settled tor the M160. I bet any guy that bought a BRITAINS TM Conversion is kicking himself now! :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all little dios within the layout mandy

With Britains realising the KANE trailers soon ,might mean these Marston trailers will no longer be produced by Britains. So snapping up a few of them Marstons now while they are still on shop shelves might not be a bad idea.  :)

My most recent arrivals, T6090 a Birthday present. Lovely model, but I had to do a bit of work, on it as the steering lock would only work to the right  ::)

And also the little Ifor Williams trailer, handy for taking the 5000 to a show  :D

post-764-132639839541_thumb.jpg

post-764-132639839799_thumb.jpg

Also a bargain from Seans most favorite shop in Cornwall -

Plymouth Dicshonareys now sell models too do they, Mark?  :of:laugh: :laugh:

On that 6090, do you think the weight block could be fitted directly to the tractor with the front linkage removed?

Where can these figures be bought?

If you've got access to a Tardis or Delorean time machine any good toyshop  :laugh: :laugh:  Failing that Toyfairs or online auction sites I'd say.

Plymouth Dicshonareys now sell models too do they, Mark?  :of:laugh: :laugh:

On that 6090, do you think the weight block could be fitted directly to the tractor with the front linkage removed?

Thats his favorite shop in Devon I think Tris  :P

The back of the weight block has the cut out where it sits on the base weight, so if you remove the front linkage and substitute a base weight, Bobs your Uncle.

Bought in 2 shops in Machynllyth last week:

Britains IH 1056 XL

General Purpose Trailer

Super Spray (orange Chafer) boxed

4 Jersey Cattle

Saddleback Pigs

Oxford Down/Kerry Hill sheep

2011 catalogue

After waiting what seemed like ages, due to a postal strike here in Canada, I have recieved my latest purchase, a Fella TS 456 DN rake by MarGE Models.

It is freakin' AWESOME!!!

Detail is second to none for an implement. It comes with a multi-hole stand and pin, separate PTO shaft and an adapter plate to hook up to Britains style hitches.

The rake teeth are of such fine wire, they look to scale when a toy would need to be more robust and the teeth would then look too beefy. Adjusting crank, swath board, flotation tires on walking axles, its all spot-on in my opinion.

I have to say the packaging has to be seen to be believed. First of all, an outer sleeve around the box to protect the box. Then the box itself is black with a high quality picture of the model and printed Fella and MarGe Models signage. It has a hinged lid and inside is a foam cube. On top of the cube is a colour brochure with pictures of the real machine and the model and a description in Dutch German and English. This is all tied together with a red ribbon. The top of the cube lifts off and inside sits the model on a small raised plastic base with more foam around it to stop it from shaking around.

The whole packaging concept reminds me of the way Lois' Swarovski crystal collectibles are packaged. The model survived a trip from Holland to Canada unscathed.

I would say, the best implement I have in my collection and the best packaging ever.

I am now saving my dollars to get the tedder to go with it.  :)

I got some stuff in today whit the mail first some non models but farm relaited.

Also have orderd a MF jacket but they sended the wrong one so that is already sended back.

nieuwemfaanwinsten006.jpg

And this quit rare Scale Models 1:16 MF 6170 from the Louisville Farm show 1996 :D

Got it of ebay and it has bin deliverd by G&M

nieuwemfaanwinsten009.jpg

nieuwemfaanwinsten008.jpg

nieuwemfaanwinsten007.jpg

I think i have these now complete (the 6170,8120 and 8160) but i think my buddy Mark Channel knows better if there are any more of the serie´s in scale 1:16?